Holiday Inn Express & Suites Raton
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Oasis(Raton)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsputting greenroad constructionfire pitbunk bedschips and salsaopen hourslight supperpool and hot tubseparate roombiscuits and gravyfamily suitenice hotelnew mexicofollowing morningbreakfast stafffront desk staffbreakfast room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 9, 2014

After a bad experience with a Marriott property in June, I've been using Holiday Inn properties from now on. This is my fourth stay at a Holiday Inn property and I have been very pleased! If you've stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in the past, then you know what you'll be getting here. As always, the accommodations and amenities are superb, the rooms are perfect here! I really liked the wooden floors in the bathroom area which I don't recall seeing at other HIE properties. Free wifi was especially appreciated since Raton, NM has no 3G cell service. Overall great experience and will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014
marilyn1714, revenue manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Raton, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

We were very pleased to see that you are now staying at IHG properties, and stayed with us during your recent stay in Raton. Please be sure and enroll in the IHG rewards program so that you can start to reap the benefits of this frequent stay program. It was rewarding to read how much you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, we hope to be your hotel of choice in the Raton area.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

This is a really nice place, especially for a Holiday Inn Express. It is not the Ritz, but I think it is the best hotel on I-25 between Colorado Springs and Santa Fe. The rooms are comfortable, quiet, have great TV channels and clean. The breakfast is a little better than other hotels in the same category and they have a "happy hour" until 7pm, serving sandwiches, chips and salsa, soft drinks and other snacks. I have stayed there many times since they opened, and the people are the BEST! I don't know how they consistently find such gracious employees. One drawback: I have yet to find a decent restaurant in Raton, so I bring my own food, which I prefer since I am on the road a lot, and either eat in the room, or have joined other guests in the restaurant area who do the same.

Room Tip: Ask for non connecting at the end of the hall and toward the back.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
marilyn1714, revenue manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Raton, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

The hotel staff reviews our online comments together every week as our guest feedback is very important to us. It was most rewarding to see how much you enjoy staying at our Holiday Inn Express, in Raton. We want to thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel, and for sharing your experience with others.
We appreciate being your hotel of choice in the area.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I drive quite often from Nebraska to Phoenix and have found this a great place to stop and rest along the way. Raton doesn't seem to offer much as you fly by on I25 but you would be surprised at what's there. Linda greeted me at the front desk and couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. The breakfast is above average and surprisingly they offer an evening reception with sandwiches and snacks that was great after being on the road all day. The place is extremely clean and so quiet but the staff is what makes this your best hotel choice! There are a couple of really good restaurants nearby and the wildlife and spectacular little side trips in this area make Raton more than a one night stand.

Room Tip: Even though this hotel is right off I25 I have stayed in several rooms in different locations and you would never know you're right next to a busy interstate.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank southwest_wanderer
marilyn1714, revenue manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Raton, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

We thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express as a stop over point on your way to Phoenix. We were pleased to see how much you enjoyed the free breakfast and evening manager's reception, as well as the service that you received from the staff.

We hope to be your hotel of choice as you pass through the Raton area.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Raton is not much of a destination, but it is a good place to stop. Our family spent the night here on our way to Colorado, and we found the hotel nice and the staff nicer. Linda greeted us warmly at the front desk, and the hostesses at the continental breakfast did a great job of taking care of everything. The location is a bit tricky, and I might have missed it without my GPS nav. The room, however, was spacious, clean and quiet--perfect recipe for a restful night!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BigTxDaddy
marilyn1714, revenue manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Raton, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel as a stopping place on your way to Colorado- we were pleased to see that our location suited your needs perfectly, and that you enjoyed your free hot breakfast in the morning.
We hope to be your hotel of choice when traveling through the Raton area.

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

What a gem! This hotel is perfect for the weary traveller. Yummy snacks at manager's reception could pass for dinner. Helpful staff, clean rooms. Great nights rest before we head to the mountains and hit the slopes. Clean rooms and fluffy pillows. Great value.

Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay with us. We were pleased to see how much you enjoyed the manager's evening reception, the room accommodations as well as the service that you received.
We hope to be your hotel of choice in the Raton area.