I only wish Roy, one of the co-owners, had been there. Chickie was there, and always as kind as he was. I'll never forget his Halloween garb he had on at the front desk some 5 or so years ago when I last stayed there. What a great young man! You feel like family at Roy's hotel with people like Chickie manning the front desk. I stayed on a point's redemption and had an upgrade to one of their suites. I must have stayed at the hotel too long 5 years back because I knew exactly which suite it was I'd have when I saw the number assigned me.
The breakfast bar is as good as ever. They go above and beyond what you would have at the normal Holiday Inn Express. I left after breakfast but they used to have--and may still have--an evening hot snack. You could make a meal out of it if you wanted. Great when you had to work on reports.
This is one of those hotels that the Intercontinental Family ought be most proud. I'm glad I got to return for a night after these many years away.
[By the way, the hotel does not have room service but I accidentally selected that as an option to rate and could not clear it out. So, disregard the room service rating.]
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for a great hotel in Raton? Enjoy a western experience in Raton, New Mexico at the award-winning Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-Raton. Located in the mountains of Northeastern New Mexico, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites-Raton offers exceptionally clean, quiet and comfortable lodging to travelers on I-25 and Highway 87. We now have 34 new luxury suites including two-room Kid's Suites and private spa suites. Our guests are welcomed with a complimentary evening Priority Club social and our indoor swimming pool and hot tub are open 24 hours for play and relaxation at any time. Enjoy the new Express Start complimentary breakfast bar featuring the famous cinnamon roll. Our new meeting/banquet room comfortably seats 40-75 people and we would love to host your next retreat meeting or seminar. Conveniently located equidistant (220 miles) from Denver, Albuquerque, and Amarillo. We are just one and a half hour from some of the finest snow skiing in the world, and the outdoor enthusiasts will love the viewing opportunities for deer, elk, bear, mountain lion and other species. Trout fishing at Lake Maloya in Sugarite State Park is only 8 miles away. Famous Vermejo Park Ranch is only 34 miles west of our hotel. While in Raton it is well worth a stop at our new Visitor's Center and Chamber office located one mile north of our Hotel. Come and enjoy the pure enchantment of our hotel and our wonderful community. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Raton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Raton Hotel Raton
- Holiday Inn Raton
- Raton Holiday Inn Express