“Perfect stop between Texas and Colorado” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Raton Hotel

BEST WESTERN Plus Raton Hotel
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Raton
Katy, Texas
“Perfect stop between Texas and Colorado”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed at the Best Western Plus Raton twice in the last two weeks. On 6/8 on the way to Glenwood Springs, Co. And, this last Tuesday 6/17 on the way back to the Houston area. I chose this hotel strictly due to TripAdvisor ratings and a personal note from a TripAdvisor reviewer. I couldn't be any happier with the choice we made!

This hotel was perfect for us. It is literally 1/4 of a mile off Interstate 25. Easy off and easy on to get back on the highway.

There were two things that made this hotel standout. First, the people could not have been any nicer or friendlier. Be it the front desk staff, the waitress, or the manager. Everybody was so extremely friendly it added a nice personal touch to the stay.

The other thing that stood out about this hotel was the restaurant. Seriously. I never would have expected a Best Western (or any hotel, for that matter) to have such an outstanding restaurant. I believe it was called Mulligan's. We arrived at the hotel at 8:30 on a Sunday evening and the front desk lady warned us that most of the restaurants in town were either already closed or closing at 9:00. So, we dropped our luggage in the room and went straight to the restaurant downstairs. For late on a Sunday night, I was pleasantly surprised by how many locals were eating there. We took this as a good sign. In all honesty, the Fish & Chips were the absolute best I have ever had in my life. I kid you not. They were fresh fillets with a homemade batter that was out of this world. The margaritas were tremendous also. Both my wife and I were absolutely floored by how good this restaurant was.\

It was so good that we planned on eating there on our way back to Texas. Unfortunately we didn't get back to Raton until after 10:00 that evening and misssed getting to eat there again. :(

If staying in Raton, you can't go wrong with the Best Western Plus. I wish we had had time to take advantage of the pool and indoor atrium. I also highly encourage you to eat dinner at Mulligan's. It really will blow you away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the indoor atrium
2 Thank bbaileyfamily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Fairfield, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Stayed here overnight while on our way to Colorado Springs. Clean room, welcoming staff, nice restaurant and quiet. After a very long drive it was nice to relax in a clean room and know that we only had to walk a few steps to eat. Would recommend to all.

• Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

best hotel in Raton, NM everyting you need is at the hotel. The food, drinks, pool, workout gym, parking and rooms are the best. Would highly recommend this place and the beds are awesome to sleep in.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Albuquerque, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

The staff was amazing, very attentive. The stay was the best hotel experience I have had in the last 10 years. Everyone on the staff was very helpful and alway's addressed us as we came and went. I recomend this location to everyone visiting the Raton New Mexico area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

this is now second time we have stayed at this location first was just spouse and I - this time was with 2 teenaged boys - clean, safe and great breakfast at reasonable price (arent all hotels getting more and more expensive?)

Covington, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

I just waned to thank the staff of this hotel, everyone there was very kind and helpful. I especially would like to thank Kimber for all her help. She helped my father and I with our room and gave us some good travel plans there were very helpful in the rest of or trip. She made us feel very welcome. Highly recommend if you are in the area!

Room Tip: Love the rooms interior and exterior entry very nice
Guthrie, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stopped for the night on our way to Loveland Colorado. What a pleasant surprise. We booked our room with a military discount great reasonable rate. The room was very clean ( I would say spotless) the hot breakfast was good too. I definately would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raton
La Quinta Inn & Suites Trinidad
Casa Lemus Inn & Restaurant
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#11 of 19 in Raton
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Trinidad
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Raton

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Raton Hotel? Share your experiences!