“great hotel”

Best Western Plus Raton Hotel
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Raton
Reviewed October 26, 2013

we have stayed at this hotel numerous times on our trips from denver to santa fe. my kids love the pool while we love the well furnished clean rooms. the outside does not match the inside so do not be fooled. the rooms are newly updated and the restaurant/bar has good food.
i would not stay anywhere else between denver to santa fe and my kids beg to go back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kristin s

Reviewed October 18, 2013

After a great day in the tiny town of Creede, high in Colorado's San Juan mountains, we arrived late in Raton and were relieved to find an alert friendly staff and a great room: spacious and clean. The room is accessed from the parking lot on one side, and another door on the opposite side of the room opened on a large, strangely bare, covered courtyard. There was a restaurant off the lobby accessible through the courtyard: we had a late dinner and breakfast the next morning. Servers and management were very good and made a valiant effort but the food itself was mediocre at best.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank centaur41
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I have recently stayed at the hotel the rooms where wonderful.. I also ate many meal's in the restaurant. The food was good the servers were nice except the server i had was very slow. I kept having to ask another server in the restaurant for things i needed like mayo extra items etc.... The young man that kept helping me and refilling my drinks had Black "spiky hair" he was very kind and courteous even though he wasn't my server.... After I finished my meal i read the name on the receipt the server's name was Jarrod he was nice but i felt like he forgot and didn't care about my table.. Overall my experience was good especially the Breakfast... The general manager was also very helpful at breakfast it shows he cares about his customers..

1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Very surprised to find such a nice hotel in Raton, NM! Great staff. Room was very comfy, clean and quiet. The room had an outside entrance but also an entrance into the courtyard which contained the very nice pool and hot tub. You could also get to the restaurant/bar through the courtyard and not have to go outside. Bed was very comfortable but too many pillows for me. We just had coffee in the breakfast room, but it was set up very well and was very spacious. There was even a staff member to make your waffles/pancakes. Would highly reccomend this Best Western to anyone.

1  Thank krismart50
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Our family enjoyed our stay. The room was very clean. The pool truly is heated will definitely stay there again.I had stayed there years ago before best Western purchased and it was awful has been remodeled throughout.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank tamraskopek
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Excellent hotel, will stay there next time I need to stat overnight in Raton NM. Room was large, beds were very comfortable. Free breakfast was very good and there was plenty to eat. Overall we weere very impressed with the hotel.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Businesss Trip: Hotel extemely clean, people helpful and happy. Rooms great and confortable, Breakfast was good. I would highly recommend this hotel. Had a pool and a work-out room. I am taking advantae of being able to get Best Western Points. I have always stayed in other hotels and this has exceeded other areas. It also was safe and that is important to me. It was nice and quiet that you could sleep comfortable without the noice. Indeed I would recommend this place and on my next trip to Raton NM I will stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raton
18 mi away
Quality Inn Trinidad
Quality Inn Trinidad
#3 of 10 in Trinidad

Been to Best Western Plus Raton Hotel? Share your experiences!