$45
$79
$65
$60
$76
Raton's Peak Inn(Raton)(Great Value!)
$63
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewswestern themeblast from the pastmid centurydecorated differentlyhorror movieretro feelfriendly folksfort collinsgrandma's housedenver airportgrab and gointeresting storiesnice layoutfamily stylequirky place to staychain hotelsother travelers
Reviewed July 17, 2017

We were driving home from a business trip in northern Colorado and decided to stop here since it's about 1/2 way and were pleasantly surprised by this place This classic motel reminds me of a by gone era when families traveled via station wagon sporting the "wooden trim". It is an authentic/retro hotel that is very well maintained and clean. And the view of the mountains is breathtaking.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2017

We were passing thru on our way to Colorado and found this absolutely charming and one of a kind place!! To be honest, the low price made me nervous - but the pictures were so inviting we decided to give it a try - and we are so glad we did! It is completely "kitchy" with an eclectic and nostalgic kind of charm that took me back to my childhood memories of visiting my grandparents homes. The beds were comfortable and the rooms surprisingly warm despite the freezing December temperatures. The owners put on a fantastic continental breakfast and sat with us and the other guests telling us the story of how they came to own this little gem. Their pride in ownership, attention to details and genuine friendliness makes this a place you should definitely consider. Anytime we are in the area we will certainly stay again!!

Stayed: December 2016
Bunny B, Owner at Raton Pass Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2017

Thanks so much! Hope you can make it here again sometime. Enjoy your summer!

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

We were on our way to Colorado from Texas. Had reservation at another motel in Texas but wanted to keep going since there was a lot of daylight left in the day. Checked some of the hotel sites online and found this little gem. I was about 4 hours away and called to see if there was any rooms available. The nice lady on the phone said yes, took my name and said we will see you when you get here. I forgot to get directions.

After driving around for a few minutes I finally decided to stop and ask for directions. Being a man that was hard for me to do. Come to find out I had not gone far enough on the north side of Raton. When we arrived we saw a 50's or 60's era motor inn. Check in was easy so we went to our room. What a surprise, the room was decorated in WW II posters, pictures, ammo cans, canteen, and helmet. The room was clean, had a flat screen TV, and WiFi. The price was right as well. I'll stay here on my next trip through this part of the country.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family

Hi, Steven! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and for thinking I am a nice lady. :) Hope you can make it back here sometime!

Reviewed July 5, 2017

My husband booked their last available room while driving. I was so worried but pleasantly surprised. Very cute place as well as very clean. Owners were so friendly. We would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family

Glad you stayed with us! We enjoy pleasantly surprising people. :)

Reviewed June 28, 2017

Our Boy Scout Crew stayed in this hotel on the way to Philmont and found it very fascinating. The staff was very accommodating and the stay was great! The boys enjoyed the different themes in the 3 rooms they occupied. The hotel was clean and well managed. Given the opportunity in years to come, we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends

We had a lot of fun hosting your group--you've got some great kids. Hope your trip to Philmont was memorable!