“Great little place”

Raton Pass Inn
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Raton
“Great little place”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My cousin and I made reservations on this sites recommendations. We were not disappointed. We needed a place to spend the night at the half way mark of our destination. Easy to find, very clean, with a quick breakfast. After a quiet nights sleep and breakfast off we went. Helped make our trip a success. For a mere extra 2 bucks, my doggy was welcome. All non-smoking rooms which was a plus for us.

Room Tip: I had a room so my doggy could stay. My cousin had a non-doggy room. No smoking rooms a plus for u...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice hotel for a weekend of bike riding and alittle bit of partying before heading to Colorado. We highly recommend this property. Price was good clean rooms and could actually sleep at night. service was good and value and location were also good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed September 25, 2012

If you are looking for a haven from the storms of corporate lodging, you'll find it here! Once you're past the fifties pink and green exterior, the charm of the individually and personally decorated immaculately maintained rooms will make you decide to return.

Located north of old Town Raton, the Inn is away from heavy traffic and very quiet. Microwaves and refrigerators make dining in possible. Be careful not to spill anything on the new carpet!

The ample cold breakfast that comes close to a B & B standard is accompanied by the innkeeper's lively extolling of the virtues of Raton and its surrounding area. Five stars is hardly enough.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Allan B
Bedford, Texas
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed here coming and going to a camping trip in Colorado. Raton is a sleepy little interstate town that seems lost in time, but I digress... The Raton Pass Inn is a first-rate budget motel. If you see the place and decide to pass because of the 'Bates Motel' vibe, think again - the rooms are clean, comfortable, pet-friendly ($2 extra charge for our pooch), and the owner (Jan) is friendly and accommodating. Forget the chains - stay at this locally-owned motel - you won't be disappointed! FYI - they are open in the summer months only - I believe late spring through mid-October.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SteveB240
FORT MYERS
Reviewed September 4, 2012

It might look like a motel, but Raton Pass Inn feels more like a B&B. Great value for our money, very clean, cheerful rooms, and a nice breakfast next morning Located north of town on the main road, my wife and I were indeed surprised when we found this little gem on our trip around the West. Jan, a very nice hostess, gave us good directions to restaurants and sights around this cute little town. We live on a fixed income and we are always looking for the best value for our money and we have some hits and some misses. This is definitely a hit. We highly recommend this property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank monk36
Reserve, NM
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Staying at the Raton Pass Inn was a complete delight. Its management nothing but first class. Clean as a whistle. The welcome friendly and helpful. While modest in its offerings, it nevertheless deserves five stars in my book.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank NJCoggeshall
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Updated and beautiful room, friendly and active owner, decent breakfast, I was really impressed. If you have ever wondered what a 1940's old motel was like when brand new this is your chance. Very charming. I wish it was also open in winter. I will return.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank KipColorado
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raton
Quality Inn Trinidad
#4 of 10 in Trinidad
Budget Host Melody Lane Motel
Best Western Plus Raton Hotel

Been to Raton Pass Inn? Share your experiences!