“Cold food from a can.....”
Review of El Matador

El Matador
Ranked #20 of 36 Restaurants in Raton
Cuisines: Mexican
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cold food from a can.....”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Absolutely horrible. My wife got enchiladas. They were cold and made out of canned chili. They brought us chips and the chips were just cheap round chips out of a bag. Worst place I have ever been, seriously

1 Thank fromcentex

Warrensburg, Missouri
“Food is good”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Location & hours are convenient. Food is good, but I wouldn't rate it at the top of NM cusine.

• Visited April 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Red Chile”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I love chili cheese dogs. And the one I had here was Excellent! Picture this, a hot dog, split in two, then fried on the grill, till just a little bit toasty, presented on a soft bun, then smothered with and excellent New Mexico Red (which is very different than Coney Island Red), topped with cheese and then topped with super hot fries. It was a knife and fork dog…but oh so worth it.
I will stop here on my next trip through.

• Visited April 2012
San Antonio
“A MUST on our annual trip to Raton!”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We discovered this place many years ago on a family vacation. We eat there at least once each June on our annual family vacation!! The green chile burger is the BEST thing I've ever eaten! Its huge, so you may want to share it.

paris
“Not as good as it used to be. GREAT sopapillas!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Raton is a small town with lots of people coming through. Our family loves to eat at El Matador. In the past we've really enjoyed their food but we didn't on this visit. It was fine but certainly not great. The service was fine. Everyone seems to know everyone which is fun. We do love the sopapillas!

• Visited March 2012