“Great bargain. Nice older place.”

Budget Host Melody Lane Motel
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Raton
colorado
“Great bargain. Nice older place.”
Reviewed July 13, 2008

We stayed at the Melody Lane on June 28, 2008. We chose it because we were trying to find an inexpensive but good motel and all the reviews we found on line said that was what it was.

And we concur, enthusiastically. Our unit was very comfortable, quiet, and well appointed with refrigerator and microwave.

The units are not new but are well kept up. The breakfast was simple but had everything and was well attended.

Our only suggestion is to have directions posted. The motel is located on the old highway, north of downtown Raton--not on the main motel, restuarant road. Well worth searching for.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gonefromtexas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed May 22, 2008

Not bad for the price. I will give some advice: book directly with the hotel for the best rate!

This isn't new, but it is clean. The decor is not fancy but it is just fine. Again, clean, clean, clean and new carpet.

Loved the steam shower. The mattress was just fine. It you want new = this isn't for you. But, if you want a safe location, clean property and large room, this is a good deal

• Stayed May 2008
2 Thank bseashore
Oklahoma City, OK
Reviewed April 1, 2008

We stayed here whilst enroute from Oklahoma City to Denver. Based on its low rate, AAA double diamond rating, and reviews we read here I booked the room over the telephone.

We were not disappointed. CLEAN, NEAT, WELL MAINTAINED, & FRIENDLY and COURTEOUS SERVICE from the private owners made this overnight stop a pleasure.

Okay, so they don't have IN-ROOM wi-fi or ironing board but they're available. Our room, had a microwave, refrigerator, and steam bath feature (several rooms have it) which was really enjoyable. The decor is pretty 70's as I'd heard but very neat, clean, and well maintained. In fact, I've been at some high dollar chains on business that weren't as neatly maintained.

The continental breakfast is minimal, but you can get a couple kinds of cereal, toast, coffee, juice, & milk to get you headed out the door. That's just what we did while chatting with one of the owners. Even Roscoe the (friendly) dog greeted us.

It was a great find and a great overnight stop. We will definitely stay there again on our way to Denver.

• Liked — Clean & neat with great price
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank phoeg
Aledo, Texas
Reviewed September 29, 2007

This is a VERY nice place. We stayed there on 8-31-07 on our way to Colorado and were very surprised at how well this place is maintained. Things were so clean and neat that it obviously has got the attention of many repeat customers. I am now one of them. Your grounds are very well maintained and your rooms look like the places was just built. This place was so clean I even noticed the corners in the bathroom were spotless. The attention to detail is comparable to a four star resort.

If anyone is traveling in Northern New Mexico or in the Raton area and needs a place to stay I recommend a stop here, you'll be VERY PLEASED!

• Liked — How well the place was maintained!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank jmltrussell
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed September 23, 2007

For $36 dollars, I was just hoping for the sheets to look like they'd been changed recently, but I was blown away by how clean this place is. The decor is very "early 70s" , but the people who run it were very nice, and seriously the room was spotless. They do let pets stay (less than 50 pounds), there is plenty of parking, and they have "steam bath rooms" which I didn't get because I was only going to be there for about 8 hours. The breakfast was nothing special, but for the price I certainly wasn't expecting anything fancy. Oh, and I wasn't able to reserve on line, so I had to call the property directly. They turn the lights in the office off at 10pm, but if you arrive later than that, just ring the night bell. They do offer a AAA discount.

I wholeheartedly recommend this place as a clean and comfortable place to spend the night.

• Liked — Clean.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nmsoonergirl
Texas
Reviewed August 26, 2007

For over 45 years we have traveled the route through Raton and never stayed there. This year we did, as a result of Trip Advisor reviews. The Melody Lane Motel located on the old highway through Raton has been kept up to answer the needs of the traveler. The rooms are large, had refrigerator, microwave, TV and seperate lavatory from the commode and shower/tub. The price was under $60 for AARP.
We appreciated the advice on dining from the owner and the hospitality of his wife at breakfast. The town of Raton deserves a more of a "look see" than we have been able to do before.

• Liked — The bang for the buck
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 16, 2007

Not to repeat the other glowing reviews, but this place is a great little find. Honestly, I usually don't bring my family to budget hotels, and I was skeptical about paying only $56 to stay here. But on recommendations from this website (and full hotels in Raton that night), we did it. Boy are we glad! It's very 70s retro, but spotless. I think the Mom and Pop owners, who were very nice, must just run a tight ship. He was nice and stayed up late to check us in at 11pm.

I'm not sure I'd want to hang out there for days, but for a night or two it was great. Clean, comfortable beds, good functioning shower. Did I say it was clean?! Amazingly so for the price. We'll definitely stay there again.

Stayed August 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raton
Raton Pass Inn
Raton Pass Inn
#3 of 18 in Raton
Best Western Plus Raton Hotel

Been to Budget Host Melody Lane Motel? Share your experiences!