“Bed in a Dirty Box”

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Raton
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Bed in a Dirty Box”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

The room was not clean at all. There were used bathroom items under the sink. The staff were nice otherwise I would have rated this place terrible. The outside grounds were filthy, but the pool appeared clean.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
OK
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Gross, dirty, outdated. Don't get me wrong- I should have known what I was getting into- but we were tired and it was the only place available. Beds were springs with fabric. TVs were old with bad reception and the remote didn't work. We had no soap in the bathroom- not that I even considered to shower after I saw the little black curly hairs on the bathtub floor. It smelled really musty, like mold.

• Stayed March 2014

Travelers are raving about these Raton hotels

Summerville, SC
Reviewed June 18, 2014

What can I say? Having experienced the new Motel 6 the night before, this motel won't see a new make over for some years. The price was very good. The room was old, and worn. I wish all motels would get rid of the bed coverings. The ac was not very efficient, dirty, hence the floor fan. The tv was old but it worked. Have to pay for internet. No bugs. The area is run down. Bring new life to the Motel and the area will change.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Amy R
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed December 14, 2013

This was the dirtiest Motel 6 I have ever been to. The parking lot was covered with ice, even though the storm was several days old. The curtain was coming apart and had holes in it.
I pulled the covers back and saw hairs from the previous occupant on the pillow, etc.

I have frequented Motel 6 in the past but this one needs a lot of help.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

The thin white lady who checked us into our room was great. She gave me a small discount when I asked, showed me on a map where our room was, and also offered us coffee in the morning. They even had the heater on so when we got to our room it was already warm! The house keeper, Brent, was also very helpful when I forgot something after check out. However, a Mexican lady who worked there, called us at 2:30 in the morning to make us move our truck and trailer and said it was taking up too many spaces and there was no where else for other guests to park... Ok. No problem. Except when my husband went to move it, he noticed several empty spaces and then in the morning the spaces our tuck and trailer had previously occupied were still empty! So thank you lady for waking us up for no reason after driving for 13 hours straight.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Danielle R
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Travelodge Raton, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Danielle,
Thank you for posting your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you experienced and we encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Oakman, Alabama
Reviewed October 26, 2013

we were on a return from Colorado Springs and chose this place because it was late and we were tired. One of the best Motel 6 we had stayed nice room, great staff, and great value. Granted this is not the place if you are looking for luxury but for weary people looking for a place to stay it was great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The hotel was clean ans the bed was comfortable. If those things are all that you require then it's a fine hotel. What I didn't like was the way they nickel and dime a person. The room was only a few dollars cheaper than the Super 8 next door But I could have saved money by paying the extra.

This motel charges extra for a mini fridge ($3), for a tiny microwave ($3) and get this, $3 extra for EACH DEVICE connected to their internet. On top of that, they offer no breakfast of any type and when I checked out at 7am, the coffee wasn't even ready.

Back to the fridge and microwave - I did not ask for those items nor did I want them but when I told the desk clerk this his answer was, "But they're already in the room." I say so? He then replied that he has to charge me because they were already there. I wasn't in the mood to argue so I paid but I am regretting it now. And, I didn't use the items.

You might pay a little more somewhere else but it will be worth it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Travelodge Raton, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Ronbo400,
Thank you for taking the tie to submit a review. We apologize for your unsatisfactory stay and encourage you to contact our guest relations department to report your experience. 1-800-557-3435.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raton
#4 of 10 in Trinidad
Super 8 Raton
Super 8 Raton
#13 of 18 in Raton

Been to Travelodge Raton? Share your experiences!