“Thankful”

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Raton
Arlington, Texas, United States
“Thankful”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We just recently returned from our annual Colorado trip, but this yr we had a new addition to our family.my 10 month old daughter so needless to say we weren't driving straight through.we live in Dallas Tx so it's a 13 hr trip at best. About 2 hrs out of Raton we start looking for motels hotels, whatever just to catch a few zzzzz's to our surprise all Raton is booked so were in trouble now because every town were passing through in the meantime is also booked! W/ no luck at all we finally get to Raton and try again this motel 6 wasn't our first stop but was our second. We checked in at 4 am and rested till 8 am before hitting the open road again.this was a great place for the $55 and perfect location and Definetly heaven sent in our case the room was clean , AC was cold and we were beat. Thank you Motel 6

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Julio R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here last night. Pretty nice room for the price tv, bed, bathroom. I liked that the parking lot had lots of light so you can see everything going on where all the vehicles are at. I have no problem staying there again.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank MVP4621
Reviewed June 30, 2012

At daytime temps of 100 degrees or more I had not experienced any issues With the air during my three day stay. Upon arriving in my room, the room was hot as the staff turn the air off when the room is vacant to conserve energy as the guy at the desk told me. The air worked fine......just a tip, crack a window and turn the air on high until the room cools. I did this and was comfortable for the few nights I was there. The place is older, but clean and the staff was very friendly! I will definately stay again.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank FreedomRunner
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Me and my children recently stayed here. It was the first time we had stayed at a Motel 6. This one is right off the highway and there are restaurants and gas stations within walking distance. Down th road to Second street and you will find K-Mart, Family Dollar and Auto Zone. Quiet little town and hotel is at the end of the road. Room is small with no frills. You have to pay $2.99 for the wifi to use it but since the room is so cheap, it is not a problem at all. We were able to park almost right outside our room which was really convenient. The kids did swim even though the water was cold (outdoor pool). We also used the laundry facilities on site which was $1 to wash and $1 to dry. Acceptable place to stay.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Traveler8901
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We were a party of 10 rooms-- 3 of the rooms had no working air conditioning!! Ugh!? The front desk girl- Kaylie, I think - was working so hard with a fabulous and guest- oriented attitude but she can't force the owner to service his A/C units. Steer clear.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Raton hotels

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed April 18, 2012

As Motel 6s go, this one's perfectly fine - as always you get what you pay for however. It's a basic, no frills motel with no fridge, hairdryer, free WiFi or breakfast. That said, the price is good value for what it is, the room was clean, the staff friendly, and the location was quiet and safe. I'd have no hesitation staying again if passing through, if all I needed was a bed for the night. Only negative - the AC wasn't functioning and we could have used it when we stayed.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Truth or Consequences, New Mexico
Reviewed March 29, 2012

The other most recent reviews here pretty much sum things up about this location. It was clean and the staff were very efficient and friendly. I appreciated getting a call from Emily at the front desk after I checked in, to make sure everything was ok with my room. My room was fine, but the call gave me the opportunity to ask about the AC/heat. Apparently at some locations (northern New Mexico only? because this also was the case at the Farmington NM location I'd stayed in the night before) they turn the heat on for winter and AC for summer. If it's spring or fall you might get heat, you might get AC, who knows? Fortunately the outside air cools down in the evening, but the day was warm and my room had heat only. I had to open the door and window to have a comfortable room temperature. This was not a problem, but I had never before run into this kind of room ventilation protocol. The location was quiet, despite being near I-25. Overall, this is a decent Motel 6.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank northsouthq
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raton
#6 of 10 in Trinidad
Super 8 Raton
Super 8 Raton
#13 of 18 in Raton

Been to Travelodge Raton? Share your experiences!