“Enjoyable”
Review of China Kitchen - CLOSED

China Kitchen
Cuisines: Asian
Description: Great place and I want to write a review!
Description: Great place and I want to write a review!
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed restaurant. Food was good and well priced. Ate very well. Maybe too well. Stuffed myself. Almost typical Chinese buffet but with variations. Do recommend. Service was great and friendly.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Ate there three times in the last five years. My wife and I got sick two out of three times, the first visit we came away unscathed. But after the next two visits we decided it just wasn't worth it. I recommend you avoid it unless you have a cast iron stomach.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We have eaten here over the past 2 years and were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food. At our most recent visit the over all experience was a little disappointing. The owner tries to do it all and does a pretty good job; however, the children should not be there, I saw one lady nearly fall over the little boy, that tried his best to run all over the place. Food is still good but a lot of flavors seem to mush together. Maybe instead of keeping it in the family a little extra help would give the cook more time on the food, instead of running back and forth filling buffet trays. The place is clean but could use some updating to give it a more comfy feeling When it is busy it is difficult to get to the plates, everyone is running into each other. Perhaps if plates were at both ends of the buffet instead of to the side. We will probably lay off this buffet.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The food was a typical Chinese buffet. There was plenty of food and choices, but there wasn't anything that stood out as far as the food. The interior could use some upgrading. Tables were clean, staff very friendly.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stopped here because we really didn't want Mexican food, and that's about all that anyone recommends in Raton. The restaurant appeared clean and there seemed to be a lot of variety in the buffet offerings. Unfortunately, when we came there was quite a crowd and one poor young woman running as fast as she could to cover all the tables and cashier. Maybe the usual cook wasn't there, but the food was not that impressive, except for the vegetables,which were nicely done - there just weren't many available. The rest was just the usual. However, compared to the food available at the few other restaurants in Raton that are still open, I would still recommend it if you are going to be in town for more than one day.