“A cozy stay!”

Travel Motel
Travel Motel
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Raton
Reviewed May 8, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Travel Motel for just one night after we had been staying at Motel 6 for three nights. Immediately we adored our room for it's space and amenities. Our stay was comfortable and affordable.

While Motel 6 gave us good service, our room at the Travel Motel is much larger and cleaner. We have our own Microwave, mini fridge, ane coffee maker. Our room was stocked with lotion, shampoo, facial tissue, and bar soap. The service was friendly and more personable than that of Motel 6. All this was provided for rates that compare with Motel 6 and other motels in this area and price range. Since the Travel motel has rooms to fit single people to families with pets I recommend you stop by next time your in town!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank jcalcorn223

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I'm a 70+ year old man and a 100% disabled veteran i live to please God not man,I have been staying here when i come to Raton,NM to visit my daughters and grandbrats:) I usually stay because i like the manager and the peacfulness here,yes the motel is from 1970's but still always clean and compy and i haven't been disapointed ever.Look at all the reviews and what do you see?NONE are bad reviews,only 1 has hatefulness in his review(i personally know who wrote this hateful review and it is"NOT"true! He thinks he is smart(book wise yes)but i assure you he is hateful hasn't a brain God gave a goose as for common sence,he usu's $500 words that only a brain surgon would know not normal people when $.50 cent words would work the same!This is a shamfull human being who could tell these lies about another human being when it is"NOT"true!He has now planted his rotton seeds and now he will reap his rotten harvest and that is sad to me to see these sort of scumbag non human being to live in the country that folks like me fought so hard for so there could be peace and happiness here.I do pray he learns this very soon before it is to late:( Like i said this motel is very old but you will"NEVER"find what he claimed he did.He is being hateful and revengful because someone(me)told him what he really is.If your nose sticks up in the air well i belive this place wouldn't cut it for you but if your someone who likes cleanlyness and peace and a great friendly manager then you won't have a problem,i don't and i'm paticular and most of all my little 14 year old 11.2 lb female dog loves it here and the manager loves her:) Use plain old common sence and logic that God has put in EVERYONES brain and check all the reviews you will only find this one hateful one:) Thank you for reading and God bless this mess!Ray

Room Tip: From years of experiences(at least 50 out of my 70+ NEVER belive ratings that don't even sound r...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ray P
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I checked in late at night, ready for a good night's sleep. I'd been here a fair bit over the years; my usual cheap & genteel-shabby sort of stop. The rooms have always been adequate to date.

This time was atrocious.

Not only were the floors dirty, but there was trash on them and in the drawers.

The sink was dirty, the toilet had unflushed feces in it, the switchplates were filthy, and the bathroom had no fart fan.

There were no washcloths or towels. Luckily, I had my own.

Also, the bathtub was slippery; needed some of that non-skid tape.

For pluses, the place did have shampoo & soap. The shower head was decent.

The room had modern electrical outlets, and the heat was decent.

The bed was made, and appeared clean. Still, I had to wonder....

My guess (playing detective) is that the room was partially cleaned, the maid called away, and the rest forgotten. This is why I'm giving the motel a "poor" rather than a "terrible".

On this occasion, I declined to tip. I would have complained to management, but it was way late.

Even though previous visits were okay, I have no real desire to go back given this last experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard W
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Very nice manager, friendly, courteous.
Clean and comfortable. Pet friendly.
Worth the stop when on the road and need a place to stay that's not going to empty your wallet for a few hours sleep.
Not the Waldorf Astoria, but not paying Waldorf Astoria prices either.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My plans for my month long vacation fell thru because there was a fire where I had planned on staying. Thank to Aimee the manager at the Travel Motel I was able to have a clean, comfortable room for my stay here in NM. The price was very reasonable and the location was great..close to restaurants, convenient stores and gift shops. This may be a older motel..but its clean and comfortable and quiet. If I happen to pass by this way again I would be happy to stay here again. A BIG thanks to Aimee the manager for making my stay so pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2013

found this Route 66 type motel, to be better than expected.
Amy was awsome and sincerely cared about my comfort.
Nice to have refrigerator and microwave in room.
Great location for exploring.
Be back soon.....
Thank-you

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank solmaryrose
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We tried the quality inn across the street and they where just rude and they wanted over a hundred for a king. We saw the travel motel and they offered us a king for 39.99(smoking and non smoking) DEAL we said. When we checked in they gave us a business card that was good for ten percent off at the local restaurants. We went to eat at sands Mexican restaurant. every thing is homemade and delicious. The room in the motel was good for the price but the bed was HUGE California king huge. I would totally recommend and stay there again... thank you guys.

• Stayed: April 2013