“Nice patio to eat your dinner”

Ranchos Plaza Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We ordered a combination fajitas and a vegetarian version. Both were good with fresh guacamole and salsa. Service was good and the food came quickly. Our visit was midweek so it wasn't too busy. I have eaten sopapillas at lots of different restaurants and the ones served here are great! They are huge and wonderful! They don't come with a fajitas order, but worth the $1.50 each.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

This place was great. Sopapillas was wonderful. We had about 50 people and did not have any trouble getting our food in short order. We would go back again.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We had a group of 45. Rancho Plaza Grill, several miles south of Taos readily accommodated us in this large one floor restaurant. We did not overwhelm the staff. Meal orders were promptly taken at the various tables our group sat at, and our meals were delivered promptly. I and others at our table raved about the food. My chiles rellenos were as good as I have ever had. One drawback for some might be that the restaurant does not have a liquor license. The bill for myself and my wife was $24 and change. The included tip was added to the bill by the restaurant at a 15% rate which I like. Our group had had our Happy hour at our hotel before departing for the Plaza Grill, so the lack of alcoholic drinks didn't bother us. I definitely recommend the restaurant. Out of the way a bit, but worth the effort.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I had my first Carne Adovada - it was delicious! Every meal is served with a sopapilla & honey - loved them! It's a small restaurant right next to the church, so they don't serve alcohol. The family who owns the restaurant seem to really care that we enjoyed our meal - everything was so tastly and expertly prepared.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We had a great meal at this place. It sits in the shadow of the San Francisco de Asis church. I believe I read that the building used to be part of the monk's quarters for the church. The food was plentiful and delicious. The sopapillas were really fun.The walls are brightly painted.Even the bathroom was interesting!

1  Thank openrangepony