“This is a place to come back to again and again”
Review of Old Martina's Hall

Old Martina's Hall
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: O.M.H. Is a historic adobe nestled in the heart of the original Ranchos de Taos. Our fare is a marriage of contemporary, Southwestern flavors with New Mexican cuisine, serving Brunch and Dinner. The Bar has many local and import beers on tap with fine French, Italian, Domestic and Local wines on our list. Check our online calendar for upcoming Live Music shows!
Santa Fe
“This is a place to come back to again and again”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Ever since Martina's Hall opened up we have been regular visitors there, and it was only our laziness that prevented us from writing a review. The wonderfully restored building just across the street from the famous (amongst photographers) church in Ranchos de Taos houses not only a terrific restaurant but also an even hall for live events and art exhibitions. In summer there is a nice terrace on the first floor for out side dining.

The staff is very friendly and very professional. The chef comes form the kitchen frequently to talk to guests and solicit feedback on her creations. As to be expected from an Bavarian Owner, the pastry selection is out of this world, and Martina has taken a lot of care in assembling a wine selection matching her menu.

I have tried about very meal on the menu (except for things with cheese as I am lactose intolerant) and enjoyed them all. Keep going Matina, we wan to come bak often.

BTW.: If you want to take something special home with you, check out the cosmetic products from Martina's company in Germany.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Meikie1948

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Every meal a feast”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We have been to Martina's Hall many times, for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Every single meal has been delicious. The building was meticulously renovated by the current owner and has a great and welcoming atmosphere. On a recent visit, the cappuccino was brewed to perfection and the croissant simply delightful. You cannot go wrong! We always look forward having our meal there.
For a simple drink sit at the bar and relax. In the summer time you can have your meal at the upstairs balcony/patio.

1 Thank Dorothee M
Omaha, Nebraska
“Very average in every way.”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I was not a fan of the table placement. The entire restaurant was pretty much open, yet we were seated at a table where the only way for the adjacent table to get out to use the restroom or anything was to ask us to get up! We asked for a different table, but we were told no as they were expecting large groups to arrive. This was 1:30 on a Saturday afternoon, but OK. The server was very nice, but I think she is ordinarily the bartender or something. She did not seem real comfortable even reciting the 2 daily specials. I commented to my wife that the one thing sounded like something she would enjoy, and the server had to start the entire spiel over again about the 2 specials. I also believe she forgot to put the order in for my salad. Once I reminded her, she actually ran to the kitchen, and the next thing I knew, my salad was on the table. Sadly, my meal was ALSO ion the table about 2 minutes later. I ordered the seafood pasta. It was a solid B. It was tasty, but would have benefited from a bit of Parmesan cheese, and some salt and pepper. It was somewhat bland. The pasta was cooked perfectly, and the seafood seemed fresh. Cindy ordered the special of the day, I cannot recall the name, and she loved it. The ambiance was lacking as the place was very loud. Also, like I mentioned earlier, even though there were only 4 tables seated, they ensured we were stacked on top of each other. If you are in the area, and hungry, it is a nice break from all the green and red chile dominated menus. That being said, I would definitely not go out of my way to make a repeat visit. The restrooms were immaculate, and tastefully decorated.

Florida
“Beautiful Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We chose Old Martina's hall to ring in the New Year and what a great surprise. It has a beautiful bar and a large dining room located like in a ballroom type setting. At times there will be entertainment so you may want to call ahead to check out what may be happening the evening you will be dining. We chose the upstairs for New Years since there was a magic show and we wanted a little more privacy. The food was good and so was the service.

1 Thank travelthroughmyeyes
Texas
“Excellent food, great building, slow but charming service”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We had a wonderful dinner here last week during a Taos ski trip. Gorgeous restored building across the road from the early 18th century church in Rancho de Taos - very beguiling spot. Beautifully presented and absolutely delicious food. The best dinner we have had in a long time. Service is very friendly but slow. They were aware of it which was nice. It was a busy night. Be ready to relax and enjoy rather than hurry.

Visited October 2013