“Wonderful addition to Ranchos De Taos”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Old Martina's Hall

Old Martina's Hall
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: O.M.H. Is a historic adobe nestled in the heart of the original Ranchos de Taos. Our fare is a marriage of contemporary, Southwestern flavors with New Mexican cuisine, serving Brunch and Dinner. The Bar has many local and import beers on tap with fine French, Italian, Domestic and Local wines on our list. Check our online calendar for upcoming Live Music shows!
Oro Valley, Arizona
“Wonderful addition to Ranchos De Taos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

What "CedricAdobe" said. We were with them.
I had the salmon over spicy gazpacho and it was great. Cooked to a medium temperature, not overdone like most restaurants do it. My wife had the salmon pasta special and it was delicious and a huge portion.
Not stuffy, as shown by the wedding party that danced through the restaurant--very Taos!
Very happy that the extensive and expensive renovation of a run-down building paid off.

• Visited August 2013

Peoria, Arizona
“Suprising Chef Mastery in a small town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were totally blown away by the quality of the food we were served on our lunch-hour visit! The restaurant and great hall were rebuilt on the foundations of one of the protective fort-like buildings used by the locals during times of Comanche raids. But the restaurant had an elegant menu and wonderful French pastry chef. Bob chose a breakfast burrito. I asked for the salad with grilled chicken, mozzarella cheese, pear tomatoes, pine nuts, and pomegranate vinaigrette. It was marvelous. I voted their dressing as second only to the tomato vinaigrette on the Princess Cruise last spring. We finished off the meal from the dessert tray. I got the English Bakewell Tart – cookie-dough with raspberry jam filling and marzipan topping. It was amazing.

• Visited August 2013
Taos, New Mexico
“Great meal and great fun on a Saturday night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had the special which was a salmon pasta. It was wonderful as was the cheese plate we shared to start the meal. There was a wedding in the large back room and they were having a great time. We enjoyed the whole atmosphere.

Visited August 2013
Davenport
“Never waited on!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

While visiting Taos in mid-July 2013, my BFF, my husband and I went to Old Martina's for dinner on a Thursday evening. We made a reservation for 7:15 pm, arrived a bit early to find that they were not seating anyone outside (one of the reasons we went there.) We were seated by Ed? the bartender at a table in the main dining room, including our table there were 4 tables seated: 2 tables of 3-4, one of which was finishing up and paying their bill, and one single. We sat for a few minutes with menus, a young man filled out water glasses, and then nothing. We were talking and I was enjoying looking at the wonderful restoration job of the old adobe building. After 20 minutes, my husband set off his alarm on his iphone thinking that might get us some attention from the 2 waitresses that were passing by our table without a second glance; nothing. I will also say that the 2 waitresses working that room seemed rather annoyed at one another, and acted as though each was the only waitress working a very crowded room; remember there were only 2 tables at that point getting food! 10 minutes later my husband went to the bar to get us something to drink. The bartender asked if we were seated at a table; to which my husband replied, "Yes, YOU seated us!" He returned with our drinks and the young man came again to fill our water glasses which were empty by now. We thought for sure that the bartender or water boy would let someone know that we needed to be waited upon, or that someone would NOTICE that we still had our menus and had retrieved our own drinks! After a few minutes another couple came in and were seated at the recently vacated table next to ours, and they were greeted by a waitress within just a few minutes! Again, she did not notice that we had not been waited upon. At this point I called another restaurant (see my 5 star review of Martyr's) to see if we could be seated there for dinner, and I wasn't quiet about it. It had now been over 40 minutes and my husband was going for another beer when my friend and I said enough! We all got up, went to the bar, and told another woman/waitress? (she must have been working in the bar area) and the bartender that we had been there for 45 minutes and had not been waited on and we were leaving. My husband gave the bartender his credit card and he actually started to ring up our drinks and the waitress admonished him to NOT charge us for the drinks. The waitress at the bar that we spoke to was appalled that we had not been waited on, but I never saw her in the main dining room.
I don't know what was going on, but this was absolutely inexcusable. At least four people knew we were seated in the dining room and not one waitress even acknowledged our presence. So, I don't know what the food is like as we never got to order. I do know that the bartender is too inexperienced to be left on his own. It was obvious that the owner was not there, nor did there seem to be a manager attending to the restaurant. Otherwise, on what was a fairly quiet night in the dining room we should have been noticed. BTW, I have a rather large section of bright turquoise blue in my short strawberry blonde hair, I am hard to miss.

• Visited July 2013
Taos, NM
“Great Food, Excellent Ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

The food and service are great, there's a small but elegant bar, and the ambience is cozy. Perfect for a romantic dinner or drinks with friends. They also have live music, and though I haven't been to a show there yet, if the restaurant/bar are any indication, I'm sure it's also a terrific music venue.

Visited December 2012