“A nice place to sleep and eat”

Sky City Casino Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pueblo of Acoma
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
“A nice place to sleep and eat”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a night in October 2013. The rooms were clean and large enough. The decor was nice and it was a neat place to stay. We were able to walk around and explore. We chose not to gamble (since we aren't into that) but we did walk through the casino a few times and we chose to eat breakfast and dinner at the hotel. The night we checked in, we ate a BBQ buffet for $15 a person. It was sooo good. It may seem a little pricy but $30 for two people and unlimited meat is an excellent price. The next morning, we ordered from their breakfast menu. It was delicious! I would recommend staying here because honestly, the price isn't that bad. You would pay the same for a Holiday Inn and this place had more charm and uniqueness to it. The scenery outside was stunning!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Ft. Wayne, IN
Reviewed October 23, 2013

It was late and I needed a place to stay so the Sky City looked good. The room rate was reasonable and when I got to my room on the 2nd floor I found it to be very clean with no smoke smell or overpowering scent; what a nice surprise. The linens were nice, upper scale quality, and the mattress very comfortable. All in all I would recommend this hotel. The check in girl was very courteous and friendly.

Room Tip: Stay on the second or third floors and you will not hear the casino noise..
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The Sky City Casino Hotel is just off the Interstate 40, and is by some way the most convenient hotel to the Pueblo of Acoma (which is well worth seeing). Its location on Navajo Nation territory means that it can have a casino, but also that it is dry. Even though the casino is separated from other hotel facilities by glass walls, it still dominates the layout. Food facilities are grouped around it, and we could find no comfortable place to sit down with a coffee. The restaurant is buffet only.

Our room was reasonably sized and comfortable, though the WiFi service was distinctly patchy. Staff were mainly OK, but when anything went wrong (for example when one of the food outlets was having trouble with its till system) they were quicker to say what they could not do than to suggest an alternative.

Overall not a disaster, but hard to justify except on the basis of location or an addiction to slot machines.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peter C
Lgrant2001, General Manager at Sky City Casino Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to review Sky City Casino Hotel.
I would like to address some of the items in your review. In regards to the comment that the Sky City Casino hotel is located on Navajo Nation Territory; Sky City Casino Hotel is NOT part of the Navajo Nations. The Sky City Casino Hotel is operated and owned by Acoma Business enterprises located on the Pueblo of Acoma.
The Huwaka restaurant serves daily buffets along with a full menu with many different selections.
Our Piñon Coffee shop has several tables; I apologize that you were not able to find comfortable seating while enjoying a Starbucks coffee.
In regards to the Wi-Fi we do offer complimentary Wi-Fi. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with slow service.
We do offer a 24 hour complimentary business center with high speed internet and complimentary printing.
I appreciate your comments regarding the sleeping room.
I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit to the Sky City Cultural Center and Museum.
We hope you to see you again in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Laura Grant
Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Pueblo of Acoma hotels

Granbury, Texas
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We saw ads for this casino and wanted to stop by and try it out. We wanted to stay also, if it was affordable! The friendly lady who answered told me if we got a players card, it would be 65 dollars which I thought was reasonable! They were out of king rooms but had one with 2 full size so hubby and I slept in separate beds due to them being small. They were comfortable, there was a frig, and I loved all the southwest accents in the bathroom and in the room! The toiletries were great, being a grapefruit body wash and soothing body lotion. The staff was the friendliest of everywhere. The players club was handicap friendly and the first one I've seen that had chairs to sit in while signing up! You got to spin a wheel to determine the amount of your newcomer free play. I got 15, my husband 25. I ate dinner in their restaurant-the taco plate. It was very good! I would definitely go there again even tho it's probably 500 miles from home. It was enjoyable and I enjoyed the live music going on when we got there!

Room Tip: Because my hubby and I are disabled, I asked for a room by an elevator and they were so kind as to g...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed at the Sky City Casino and Hotel one night before visiting the Pueblo of Acoma. We did not expect the hotel to be that nice. Our room was big, as was the bathroom. The whole hotel is very clean, the stuff was ever so friendly and helpful. As there is no other restaurant except a Mc Donald near the hotel so we had dinner at the hotel. There was a buffet for a very reasonable price and the food was really tasty. There is no alcohol allowed at the hotel! Breakfast buffet was included in the room price and was great. The hotel is near Acoma Pueblo and El Malpais National Monument. I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the upper floor and had a nice view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sunny260467
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We too had to search for parking because we accidentally turned into the casino lot, and it was FULL on Friday night. We did find parking and as we walked toward the hotel an employee interrupted her outside break to walk us to the closest hotel entrance. What a great way to start our vacation in Acoma and in New Mexico. Such excellent customer service is rare.

Our room was large, clean and very reasonably priced.

The photographs and artwork throughout the hotel were amazing - definitely museum quality for free.

Breakfast in the morning was very good. I'm surprised by the no smoking in the casino comment on a previous review. I walked into the casino, but walked right out as it was very smoky. My husband found a no smoking area, but it was not separated in any way, so it was still rather smoky. But we didn't come to gamble, we came to see Sky City, learn about its history, and shop for pottery.

The hotel was an excellent introduction to our very enjoyable visit to Acoma.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The two cars ahead of me at the entrance to this fine hotel ignored the NO PARKING signs, so my arrival was a 10-minute wait of lousiness at the one-way, single-lane curb. I recommend parking in the CASINO lot, then walking in to check in.

This 3-story hotel (I had wrongly imagined a skyscraper) is on the map due to its very good first-floor casino. Comfortable beds, good furnishings, beautiful Indian prints above the bed, multi channel flat screen TV.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
#4 of 11 in Grants
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 11 in Grants

Been to Sky City Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!