“Acceptable but not Great”

Sky City Casino Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pueblo of Acoma
“Acceptable but not Great”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 2 separate nites in a King room & a room with 2 dbl beds. Beds were comfortable altho the king was soft from age/use. Joining the casino players club gets you a discounted room rate of $49.00 /nite. This is about what I would have been willing to pay based on the room condition, lack of services, etc. Room furnishings were average but their condition was subpar. A lolot of evident wear & tear thruout, especially in the King room. The carpet was well worn but clean. Cleanliness was good in the rooms but deteriorated rapidly elsewhere in the hotel, simply from a lot of folks meandering in the halls & staircases. A spilled soda on a staircase landing went untouched for almost 12 hours after I reported it to hotel staff. Apparently there are no housekeeping staff on duty overnight.
The food at the buffet was quite good, though most dinner buffets were overpriced (as high as 18.99 + tax). A once daily coupon for $2.00 ameliorated this slightly.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We had reserved two rooms six months prior, but the rooms were not ready when we arrived. We hung out for nearly an hour, during which time the electricity went out. The ladies cleaning the rooms were nice, but the rest of the staff were not friendly nor could they chat nor smile. My mom walked in the room with her shoes off. And her feet were BLACK :(. The casino is a rip off, for their slots are tight at 85%. Some other guests reported to us that the food at the hotel was horrible, so we tried breakfast the next morning and agreed. The buffet was late in opening, and no smiles greeting us during our dining experience. Can't say the room wasn't comfortable enough, but the unfriendly staff keeps me from recommending.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Tammy C
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Nice room and bathroom.... Nice shampoo, conditioner and bath gel. Smelled nice. Nice bed and good pillows.

The hall carpet was pretty scandalous...Cheetos crunched in, lots of mystery crumbs all over. Could use a good vacuum.
We liked the casino. Paid for our room!

I would give it 5 stars but the walk down the hall to our room spooked me...the carpet was really dirty. It did not look like it had seem a vacuum in a while. Too bad, because the rest was nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pueblo of Acoma, New Mexico
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I came here to get away from home and enjoy the hot tub I heard so much about. ( Which was not working) Sitting under the stars would make my night. I put my feet into the hot tub and five min later 2 men and 2 women sat in the pool. All of Them smelled of alcohol I thought this was an alcohol free hotel? I sat there trying to ignore them and mind my own business. They kept trying to make small talk. I couldn't even under stand them with the slurring in their voices. One of the men was inappropriately touching the female which was the last straw. My son and I are sitting right across from you!!!! We immediately took our feet out and went to inform the front desk. Ruined my night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank QueenVictoria58

Travelers are raving about these Pueblo of Acoma hotels

Albuquerque
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed at Sky City Casino Hotel with my free night stays I get for playing at the casino. I stayed at on a Sunday to enjoy my days off from work. And I believed Sky City is the best place to go because its convenience for me and yes it's nice and quiet. At nine in the morning housekeeping asked if I would be checking out this morning. I told her that I would be doing a courtesy check out at twelve. And would let the front desk know. I worked in customer service for 5 years and a year in hotel guest services I know how this system works. The housekeeper did write down the time that I will be checking out which is at noon prior to that I called front desk that I would be checking out at noon. So all went well until an hour later mind you this is a little after nine am. Housekeeping once again knocked. I notice is was a different housekeeper, and I asked her if there was something I can help her with, she replied "When are you leaving?" I replied, "Excuse me?" And again she asked the question. I told her that I already made arrangements that I would be checking out at noon. As soon as I told her that, she rolled her eyes and walked away. Now I understand she might have a bad morning but still no excuse to treat a high playing guest or any guest with the attitude that I received that morning. I did talk to the Supervisor on duty and yes she apologized to me. If there is any customer training classes in the area I suggest to have all your employees to attend at a time. Now what would have happened if I had been a secret shopper?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The Sky City Casino RV park was a good place to park my RV for a few nights. They had full hookups, long pull throughs and cable TV. The Wifi was very poor. They have two large family style bathrooms with showers. Each bathroom has two sinks, a large shower and a toilet. We had access to the nice pool and hot tub at the Sky City hotel (just a block away). The casino was average. We ate in the Huwaka Restaurant twice. We had a breakfast buffet and prime rib buffet dinner. The buffet was small but tasty. The cherry pie was just like grandma’s. They had a special deal for RVers. For $69, we got one night in the RV park ($20 value), 2 passes to Acoma Sky City ($46 value), 2 breakfast buffet vouchers (Sunday brunch $18.98 value), $16 for lunch at Yaaka Café (at Acoma Sky City).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed at Sky City Casino Hotel since it was conveniently located to Acoma. The rooms were nice, the public areas were very casino focused. There is not much to do in the area, if you don't gamble, so, we spent a quiet night in the room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
#2 of 11 in Grants
Travelodge Grants
Travelodge Grants
#4 of 11 in Grants

Been to Sky City Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!