“Best place in Portales”

Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best place in Portales”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

There are not many options in Portales, but this was the best. Decent mexican food with many options. Good salsa. Decent service.

Visited March 2013

Rocky Mount, North Carolina
“Great Local Place”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great food, great service, and great prices need I say more. Had my first green chili experience here and can not wait to go back. Everything was wounderful.

Visited February 2013
Portales, New Mexico
“My home away from home”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I love El Rancho. I can go in there by myself and feel like I'm just in my own house. I love the atmosphere there. The owners seem to love God and they play christian music even at times in their dining area. They also offer a free Thanksgiving meal every year to the community. They are givers and there is a goodness there. I love the place!

Visited January 2013
portales
“Real NM chili, homeade taste!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

The best chili (red and green) I have ever had, this is the true New Mexico experience! The servers and staff are all attentive and answered all of our questions. Ask to sample the chili first, it can be pretty hot (yummy). Also have very good burgers if you cannot eat chili. Overall a great authentic experience for green and red chili, and a good value for the price. Endless chips/salsa, and the sopapillas are delish! Clovis location has nice room for large parties and had our table ready for party of 16. For family visit, catered to my 2 children, as well! I think the Clovis location also has military discounts and awesome deal on Taco Tuesdays, no better deal around!

• Visited December 2012
Madera, California
“A bit expensive for what you get”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The waitress who brought our drinks was clearly overwhelmed. She told one of our party "oh well" when she gave him the wrong drink and didn't offer to correct it. She said something similar to another one in our group when she did the same thing to him. We had a large group, but even still. After that we didn't see her anymore and the other staff helping us was very attentive. The chicken enchiladas with green sauce were good. The sopapillas were very good.

Visited December 2012