“Good food, friendly service, and romantic table”

Buckhorn Saloon & Opera House
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Thanks to the hostess, we were seated in an intimate alcove with a table for two. Our server was friendly, and efficient, checking on us at just the right time, without being intrusive. The food was good, and presented nicely. Prices were very reasonable. Nice evening!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had the best dinner of my life at the Buckhorn.

Appetizer: Shrimp Cocktail. The Shrimp were HUGE and tasted great.
Entrée: Quail for me, roasted chicken for my fiancée. Best piece of meat I have ever had. Perfectly cooked, and the glaze was amazing. She loved the chicken, perfectly cooked and presented.
Dessert: Homemade Ice cream. You have not had ice cream until you have had it homemade from the Buckhorn. Crème brûlée is better than the best we have in New York, Boston, and even Paris! We talked about it for hours! It was so good!

The staff was great, very nice and very helpful. At the end of the meal I asked if the chef or the owner was available so I could tell them personally what an amazing meal we had. She pointed out the owner, who was also the head chef. He was standing at another table with some customers. On our way out I told him that I would definitely be back and that I would tell everyone I knew that the Buckhorn is fantastic.

You must make reservations, especially on weekends. You cannot just show up and expect to be seated, even in the bar. If you are anywhere close to Silver City or Pinos Altos, you cannot miss dinning at the Buckhorn!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My party of five were greeted politely and were seated in the dining room with menus already at the table. We had a lovely server that gave us just enough time to peruse the menu and was back at our table with any questions one might have, then talked about the specials of the evening, which almost made me change my mind of what to order! It all sounded delicious and I will be back to try those specials in the future. All in all, everyone was more than satisfied with everything! Not only will I come back to dine, my friends assured me they would love to come back as well! Excellent food, service and ambiance...

Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I recently moved to Silver City after several vacations to Pinos Altos. This evening we just arrived home from the Buckhorn and sadly probably won't go back. Our out of town guests were so excited to go there for dinner and entertainment because it was closed for repairs when they were visiting a few years ago. Sadly, we were not happy from the very begininning. There were no tables in the bar available, so we sat at the bar at the only 4 seats together and were told that one of the seats were taken. We were there at least an hour and no one ever sat in the "taken" seat. Soon the bartender kindly told us that a table was becoming available so we all moved to the vacant table that he showed us. It had not been bussed yet and when the waitress came over she let us know that if someone sits at her table before it is bussed, we would have to clean it. She did bus it and took our orders....period. We never saw her again and would have stayed longer and ordered another drink, but after watching her cooing over the "regulars" and ignoring us we decided to go. For the very first time in my life, I did not leave a tip. I am very sad about this because we love taking our guests to the Buckhorn for a great time.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I love the whole experience of entering the bar and being greeted by the welcoming staff and then the food is consistently delicious as we sit and enjoy wonderful music. Thank you, Buckhorn owners and staff!!!