“Best pizza I've had in years!”
Review of Red Mountain Cafe

Red Mountain Cafe
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Pizzas, sandwiches, baked goods and the best coffee drinks for 50 miles! Take out and counter service in a low-key atmosphere. Patio dining and limited inside seating available.
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Thank You Red Mountain Cafe for the best pizza I've ever had! I 100% recommend this place for you. If you're going to Ojo Caliente or not this is the place for you!!!!!

3  Thank TheJudge572

Reviewed June 25, 2014

There are times Out West when you walk into a place, and sense you should get out of there. This seemingly innocuous place just outside the resort should be avoided. I went in and asked for a brewed coffee and a latte for my wife. The owner/counterperson seemed jumpy, perhaps on drugs. When he gave me a watery espresso (an Americano) I said I had asked for a brewed coffee. He countered this was better. When I objected that it was not what I ordered, he used an expletive and yelled at me to "get out of here!" I was suddenly surrounded by some tattooed hippies who had come in from the deck. I had already paid, and was a bit freaked out, but I was not going to back down from someone being that offensive and ridiculous, so I told him "Fine", dropped it on the floor, and walked out. He needs to get on top of his anger, which was clear from the moment we walked in.

8  Thank FishMore
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Cool rustic place for Pizza and much more. It has atmosphere but this is more of a "to go" place in the winter months and garden area picnic tables in the nicer weather. And what it may lack in dining area is made up by the great food that this guy makes!! Pizza is great by the slice or whole pie. Coffee's are great and his daily special soups and baked goods are consumed by the locals. Red Mountain café is Ojo Caliente's baker. His breads, muffins and cookies are wonderful. My wife and I have stopped in to eat here a dozen times or more, each being excellent. We bring a whole Pizza home with us often to reheat, if you like thin and crispy this is the place. Food at Ojo Caliente's Inn is great but very pricy with few options which is how we found this place. It is a long walking distance or short drive away. Late night snacks after soaking till 10pm under the stars can be found at Red Mountain Café or muffins for breakfast with coffee before soaking!

3  Thank Jimminnm
Reviewed October 5, 2013

What a nice place-great pizza,very nice owner,terrific atmosphere,good music,great baked goods, good coffee,large choice of sandwiches,well placed near the Hot Springs, happy I went!!

2  Thank andrewbraun
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We were in town for a soak at the hot springs and were looking for a low budget dinner (compared with the restaurant at the resort), and found a diamond in the rough. Don't go for the atmosphere, but don't miss the pizza. The place is not much to look at and pizza only comes in one size (15"), but two of us 60-somethings didn't have any trouble with it -and we can't normally put away a 12". The crust was thin, crispy, and light - the sauce was really yummy. Previous report of a surly proprietor were not in agreement with our experience. Would go back in a heartbeat!

2  Thank 113bobs