“Ojo Caliente hot springs!”

Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Just north of Santa Fe is Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs’ secluded sanctuary. Deemed sacred by Native Americans of Northern New Mexico, our legendary waters have been soothing body, mind and spirit naturally for centuries. Ojo is the only hot springs in the world with 4 unique, sulfer-free mineral waters. The resort is historic, yet modern and fresh with eclectic charm in a relaxed and tranquil environment. The full-service spa offers a wide array of restorative treatments including nurturing massage and hydrating face and body treatments. Don’t miss a soak in a private outdoor pool by fire at night or in the seasonal, detoxifying mud pool. We offer an unpretentious and uncomplicated atmosphere with a variety of lodging accommodations including enchanting suites, charming cottages, the historic hotel and private homes. All lodging includes access to all mineral pools every day of your visit. The Artesian Restaurant provides a casual dining experience and charming atmosphere. Our chef blends local flavors with global cuisine. Creative dishes include Green Chile Crusted Salmon, homemade pasta, and Ribeye. Lighter fare is available in the Wine Bar & Lounge. Yoga classes are offered 7 days a week. Ojo is nestled in a valley on 1,100 acres and is adjacent to thousands of acres of hiking and mountain biking trails. We suggest that you make reservations for spa treatments, private outdoor pools and dinner before you arrive.
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Wonderful,old,character,hot springs!!Soooooooo conducive to health,and well being.surroundings are peaceful.I was there,all the way from Vancouver B.C.,so wishI could be there,more often.really was helpful,as I went with a terrible cold,and sped the healing process.Thank you to all the staff as well,for your friendliness,and helpful ways.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is the most peaceful and relaxing little place that make you forget everything else in the world around you. We stayed in one of the suites, which has the private pool. This is worth your money. The main pools can get busy and a little noisy. They attempt to enforce "whisper" rule, but people don't always comply. Not everyone understand the true meaning of "relaxation". We found the restaurant to be excellent all around. The food is superb, the service very gracious and we did not find it overly busy. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. Definitely recommend this for a weekend if you need to "destress".

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Each time I am in the Northern New Mexico area, (a couple times a year), I visit Ojo Caliente Hot Springs! I always have lunch at the delicious Artesian restaurant, always order pineapple juice, (which is so rich and pulpy), and always leave knowing I'll be back. This time I took a little hike above the resort. It felt so meditative after having soaked and had lunch. I collected crystals which seem to be everywhere, and absorbed their cool services into my palms, and I left them there, respecting the ecology.

My favorite pools to soak in are the Arsenic Pool and the Iron Pool. I love the mud clay area, too, and really enjoy the feel of the soft clay as it dries on my body in the cool air under the warm sun.

I am grateful to have Ojo Caliente Hot Springs to go to! It always rejuvenates me and heals my bones to the soul.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Wow, what a great experiance. We took the day trip up from Santa Fe and found a piece of heaven on earth. The staff if friendly and not stuffy, we have done the Scottsdale thing before and this was way better. Pretentious? NO! Inviting? YES! We did the private pool for an hour just to get relaxed, and will make this a regular part of our routine from now on. The new ownership of the last 15 years have taken great care to maintain the old charm of this historic spot, but still doing the upgrades that make it feel old and new at the same time. Every time we go to Santa Fe we will set aside a day for this getaway. We had planned on only staying a couple of hours, we stayed the whole day. The drive back to Santa Fe was a bit rough because we were so relaxed, maybe we will stay the night next time. I slept like a baby when we got home. Thanks Ojo Caliente for a perfect day!! You made this guys guy, a hero!!!

1  Thank Luis B
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We spent about three hours here on a lovely October mid-week afternoon after hiking at Ghost Ranch. The pools had various temperatures from high 90's to 107 and various mineral components, and all were very relaxing. The men's changing/shower room is old and grungy, but the women's room is in a newer building and very nice according to my wife. The signage, once through the main entrance was a bit lacking, particularly how to get to the spa areas. Signage was good at each pool, with the temperature, mineral info and quiet, whisper only signs. Unfortunately, some people didn't get the whisper only component, which was a bit distracting for the majority that obeyed the rules.

We didn't stay or eat here or use the spa services, so can't comment on any of that, but I would recommend a visit if you're in the area, particularly at an off-peak time, for some great soaking.

Ojowaters, Guest Relations Manager at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of your recent visit to Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort & Spa. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit and appreciate your recommendation.

We will begin our winter improvement projects in November, which will include upgrading the Historic Bathhouse. The men's changing area will undergo an extensive remodel and enhancement, which will better serve our male guests in the future. We will also be creating additional signage to post around the resort to further assist our guests.

We appreciate your compliments and observations, and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Eric Martinez,