“Great Adventure” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taos Trail Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ojo Caliente
Taos Trail Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ojo Caliente
Apple Valley, California
“Great Adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

The wife and I were here the last week of Sept. 2013. The place was found to be clean, decor is very nice. We had our choice of rooms which were found to be clean. The prices can't be beat for this area. Place is close to The Springs. The restaurant has fantastic food, moderate prices. They also have their own Mini Brewery. Restaurant is open Thursday thru Saturday, lunch and dinner. You will most likely need reservations.

Room Tip: Go online and you can view the rooms with a short explanation.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Was passing thru in the early evening dreading the drive all the way back to Santa Fe. Saw the location and decided to stop. Was very glad I did. Nice and clean rooms, decorations are very cute, bed was great and comfortable and I got the good nights sleep I needed. I also caught the restaurant on an evening they were open, the steak was wonderful and the beer is brewed right there on site. Great idea for a great location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I foolishly paid for two nights before looking at the room (the Glorietta #9). Tiny. Dark. Dank. Smelly. These are KIND words. I convinced myself a shower and a pint of beer would make the world right. I was wrong. The shower was nasty. Mold. The restaurant/ brewery had no one at the desk at 7:00 p.m. I waited 10 minutes without a soul appearing. I went back at 8:15 to try and salvage my evening. The proprietor yelled "we're closed!" Awesome. Simply awesome. I found another place to stay and left as soon as I could.i'll eat the cost and chalk it up to a learning experience. Don't make the same mistake I made. Stay. Anywhere. Else.

Room Tip: Look before you pay.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank KSeago
Dana K, Public Relations Manager at Taos Trail Inn, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
We are sorry that you had a bad experience I do public relations for the owners and they told me that they would give you a refund since you and your girlfriend only stayed a few hours and took showers even tho you reserved the room for two days, but they don't keep credit card numbers so you will need to call them. Since you made the reservations by phone they do not have your email address.
Normally motels don't do this but I know Pam and David are very fair and strive to make their customers happy.
I will haft to add that the rooms and showers are all new, when Pam saw this review she went to the room and could not find anything resembling mold.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

We were looking to stay at Ojo Caliente but they were booked so we ended up here. Owners were very nice. Our room was very clean and nicely decorated. It would have been nice to have outlets in the bathroom for blowdrying but it all worked out okay I guess. We had dinner there as well and we both felt it was pretty pricey and the food was just average. We felt we could have spent the same amount and received better quality over at the Spa but wanted to try it for future outings. We would stay at the room again but probably wouldn't eat at the property. Our room was very close to HWY 285 so it was a little loud for me, I think I woke every time a semi truck passed throught.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Phelan, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

We were met by new owners Pam and David, who were super friendly.We had not made reservations. Pam said we could stay in one of the little cabins. Sheets and towels were the quality you would have at home. Decor was western rustic and so country cute. Room was clean, bed comfortable and cozy, Pam and David went out of their way to cook us a wonderful steak meal. The home brewed beer was delicious! Would definitely stay here again. It felt like we were guests in their home. reasonable rates and food. Close to the spa, which is very pricey with air of exclusivity.

Room Tip: one of the cabins, did not hear road noise at night. TV with movie dvd's on the house.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chris A
Corrales, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were looking for a place to stay near Ojo Caliente but did not have the $$$ to stay at the Ojo Spa. This place was wonderful!

We loved the room, the owners were very nice to us and the dinner was so well done.

I believe we will be back again and again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Richmond Hill, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

If you have a sense of adventure and are enthusiastic about character and individuality, you will love this place. I loved it. The Inn, overall, is a work in progress -- an old place being renovated and re-energized. So some rooms are wonderful and some aren't there yet. I was fortunate enough to have a newly upgraded two-bed room that was eclectic, welcoming, and comfortable. It was mid-October and for my first night, I think I was the only one at the Inn. Each night, the innkeeper came and laid a fire in the firepit in front of my unit and I sat outside in the cozy walled garden area (alone and feeling perfectly peaceful) with a bottle of wine and millions of stars. The tiny restaurant is truly a treat with great food. Looked like mostly locals ate there. They didn't have a liquor license, but are happy for you to bring your own. The Inn is right on the highway, but (at least in the off season) traffic stops almost entirely over night so that was not an issue. And it's convenient to the spa and springs. The owners couldn't have been nicer or more helpful.

Room Tip: Don't take a chance; be sure to ask for a recently renovated room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MrsPincheon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ojo Caliente
Santa Claran Hotel Casino
Ohkay Casino Resort Hotel
Ohkay Casino Resort Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ohkay Owingeh (San Juan Pueblo)
Casa Escondida Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 3 in Abiquiu
Adobe and Pines Inn B&B
Adobe and Pines Inn B&B
#1 of 2 in Ranchos De Taos

Been to Taos Trail Inn? Share your experiences!