“Perfect for the Lone Traveler”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ojo Caliente
Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ojo Caliente
Reviewed April 6, 2010

This was my second stay at Ojo Caliente. I like the rooms in the original building., which are quaint and modest and reasonably priced. I love that they have places to stay from primitive camping by the river to the new upscale casitas. Something for everyone! I also enjoy the restaurant and the nearby hiking. It is truly one of my favorite places to renew and recharge.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed March 16, 2010

My husband and I went here on a recommendation from a friend. If you like hot springs but not the "funky" atmosphere that sometimes can accompany them - then this is the place for you. From your first impression of the waterfall/logo sign you can tell this is someplace special.

The lobby is beautiful with a fireplace and native sculptures and the front desk staff were very helpful and nice. The grounds are well taken care of and at night transform into a "litle village" type atmosphere with fireplaces and paths that beg you to sit and stay awhile. The gift shop is something that should not be missed. And don't worry, if you forgot to bring something for soaking - they most likely have it.

There are many different pools to choose from. Our favorite ended up being the "iron" pool with the pebbles on the bottom. We liked this one best for both the temperature of the spring water and its overall appeal. But the absolute best was our private outdoor pool with fireplace at night. We loved it so much we booked it twice. The first time was for 2 hours (which I found to be a little too long) and then for 1 hour (which was perfect). No swim suite required. The view of the stars from your pool and the fire - both relaxing and magical. Our massages were great and the spa staff was excellent as well.

We did not stay in the rooms as we drove our RV there. But we did see several of them during our stay and they ranged from quaint and cozy to the very elegant. The RV park was very private with lots of trees and the sites are situated along the river so it made for lots of nice walks with our 3 dogs. We also got to hike up into the mountains just behind the property every day.

And last but not least - great restaurant. We had lunch one day and dinner the next. The food was fabulous with that perfect local flare. If you are there on a weekend - reservations for dinner are a must since there is limited seating.

Since returning, I have given out 6 brochures to friends and told them it is a wonderful romantic getaway. Perfect for a weekend trip from Colorado. I would go back tomorrow if I could.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Breckgirl109
Reviewed March 8, 2010

My friend and I stayed over one night in the historic hotel. We had a wonderful visit! And the food served in the hotel restaurant was some of the best we'd ever eaten. The staff were all friendly and warm and the hot springs delightful. With the cost of admission included in the price of our hotel room, it was a bargain! We both will highly recommend this sweet resort to friends and family as a get-away that's not too far away.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank WildflowerLiving
Reviewed March 2, 2010

Front desk greets guests by charging money for the loss of the room key or the tag for the pools, they do not understand the importance of building loyalty with a guest, no spirit of service, we wanted to stay for another night but the rate offered was not in accordance with the rate previously offered on the phone at the moment of the reservation in case we wanted to stay for another night. So we drove for another hour and stayed at the Hilton in Santa Fe.
Food was cold and the shrimp was really dry, the quesadillas where so dry and hard we didn't finish our meal. Front desk staff is totally untolerant.
Agood review for housekeeping staff, they where really polite and friendly.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank estrelladelsur_10
Reviewed March 1, 2010

Beautiful rooms, gorgeous setting! We had a small fireplace in our room which was so nice. The various springs were amazing!

Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 8, 2010

stayed in a three bedroom home on the property w/friend & her family - the mineral pools are great, the food is great, the hammocks are great, the fellowship was priceless! went to taos too - fun shopping.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank PamPDP
Reviewed January 25, 2010

I surprised my wife with a trip to Ojo Caliente to celebrate our 5 yr wedding anniversary. After 3 perfect days, I can honestly say, this was one of the best long weekends we've ever spent together. The entire resort far exceeded our expectations, and we both decided that this may have to become an annual tradition/celebration. I won't go into all the details, but will say the following:

1) The Cliffside Suites are definitely the place to be for a special occasion. The rooms are very nice, kiva fireplace is great, and having your own pool facing the cliffs is hard to beat (especially on a clear, starry night). Can't speak to any other types of rooms, but I'd recommend the Cliffside suites to anyone looking for a unique, special place to celebrate.

2) The Artesian restaurant has some fantastic food. We ate 3 meals there (1 breakfast, and 2 dinners) and everything we tried was outstanding. We loved taking in "New Mexico" and drinking the green chile beer, sangria, special margaritas, and potato fried green chilis.

3) The pools have personality...every one of them is good for different reasons. Iron Pool has natural pebble bottom and comfortable temperatures, Arsenic pool is extra hot and will warm you up in a hurry. The cliffside Iron and Arsenic pools were my favorite because they had great cliff views, and a water temp that was so comfortable and relaxing.

4) The surrounding area is amazing. Go for a hike, see the Posi. Go skiing at Taos ski valley (we did and had one of our best days ever after the big snow storm...what a great ski spot!), try out another restaurant in Taos, or one of the small nearby towns (we tried Sabroso after skiing and had one of the best dinners I can remember).

Before I end this review, I want to make sure one more thing is understood....Some of the reviews scared me a bit...too pricey, poor service, rundown rooms. I can honestly say that we did not have poor service (quite the opposite actually), we had an amazing room, and yes it cost us a bit, but that was expected and built into our budget for our anniversary present. Compared to other resort/spas in neighboring Colorado, Ojo Caliente seems reasonably priced, and offers a unique experience that we'll never forget.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dwwhee2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ojo Caliente
Abiquiu Inn
Abiquiu Inn
#1 of 3 in Abiquiu
Ohkay Casino Resort Hotel
Ohkay Casino Resort Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ohkay Owingeh (San Juan Pueblo)
Casa Escondida Bed & Breakfast
#6 of 15 in Taos
Adobe and Pines Inn B&B
Adobe and Pines Inn B&B
#1 of 2 in Ranchos De Taos

Been to Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!