Ohkay Casino Resort Hotel(Ohkay Owingeh (San Juan Pueblo))
$94
Rodeway Inn(Espanola)
$50
$89
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $106/night.

$131
$119
Hampton.com
$73
$64
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $80/night.

$77
TripAdvisor
$99
1,397 results
All reviewsprivate poolwine barmud bathhistoric hotelarsenic poollocker roomnew mexicobath houseday passsanta fethe cottagesartesian restaurantkiva fireplacerelaxing experiencehiking trailsblue cornwhisper zone
Reviewed September 7, 2017

I have given considerable thought to this review; first, I have to consider the forty-eight year which I have known this place and secondly as a person who has an advanced degree in organization and who has been a management consultant for a portion of his life. Oh, also an RVer with considerable experience in that field.

Once Upon a Time Ojo Caliente was a somewhat dilapidated but spiritual place which had people from though out Northern New Mexico come to bask in the waters which I believe genuinely have therapeutic properties. Then someone or some corporation probably, from out of stat,e realized the economic potential of the location and the potential for considerable economic enrichment. That business model did a great deal of improvement of the amenities without being able to do much more improvement/enlargement of the resource which they were promoting, the waters themselves.

I have seen replies to criticism which site how much quieter the place is off season. The point should be that all seasons should have a limited number of opportunities to enter the spa because, well, cleaning the baths every forty-eight hours is not frequent enough. The place has become like flying in economy rather than first class. The difference is: Would you pay first class prices for an economy experience?

The place was crawling with people, many children, and if everyone wanted to use the waters at the same time I think that the stack of people would have been several stories high!

Ah, the massage experience: The two of us were parted with about three hundred dollars and, at least for my part, the massage is not supposed to include waiting for the masseuse and having the session end early to boot. Each massage, if broken down to minutes was about thirty dollars short. Yes that increases profitability but should the masseurs/masseuses take a break on the client's time or the businesses?
Since this was repeated times two, with two different staff I have to believe that this is how the business increases profitability, that is, by having that staff incorporate breaks on the paying customer's back.

I could go on, but let me mention the RV site. My motor home is not enormous at thirty-four feet and three slides but I couldn't open the slide on the right side because of overgrowth. As inviting as the outwardly appearance of the Spa/Resort are, the RV sites are primitive, primitive but not in a good way. Yes, there was a water hookup and also electricity but at forty dollars a night? That might not have been so bad if the "Resort" did not have a Twenty dollar fee for dumping the gray and black water. It wasn't an issue for me but it is unheard of in my rather extensive RVing experience. Although the prices are high end for the "Site" itself, it was apparent that there was a person assigned to enforce the pay first before dumping fee. The hapless victim was instructed to first hike the one third to half mile to line up to pay the fee for something which should be available so that the less "Spiritual" might dump their waste Elsewhere; yes it really does happen.

I have seen the responses from the Ojo Caliente folks but this is reality, not the canned responses which gloss over but really don't address the criticisms.

After almost fifty years this is just another place in New Mexico, itself a very special place, which has been destroyed for the purpose of being a cash cow. No offense to bovine

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
8  Thank Thomas Z
Ojowaters, Manager at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

Dear Thomas Z,

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay here at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs. We value all our guests and make every effort to create positive experience for everyone who visits the sacred hot springs of Ojo Caliente.

It is our mission to provide all guests with genuinely gracious and accommodating hospitality and an environment of peace and tranquility, while effectively serving as stewards and ambassadors of this special place.

We want to assure you that a corporate mentality is not what we are about here at Ojo and we will continue to address any issues brought to our attention by our guests. We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay.

Regarding the RV Area, your feedback has been shared with our Facilities Director for improvements to that area including investigating the overgrowth you mentioned. The truth is that we do charge an additional (optional) dump fee to cover costs. Due to our remote location, we have a third-party manage the dump station for us. Operating a dump station is expensive and many RV Sites are opting to not offer dump stations because of the expense and the failure of the RVer to use a RV dump station in a responsible manner. We hope you can appreciate our efforts in continuing to offer an RV Dump Station for our RV guests.

For your SPA Treatments, our treatments are set at either 50 or 80 minutes in length. If our LMT fell short of this time length, we encourage our guests to share their experiences with us while they are still here at Ojo so that we have the opportunity to rectify the situation. Additionally, this information is very helpful to us in training our staff members.

We want to assure you that maintaining a high level of cleanliness of our waters one of our most important priorities and even with the increased visitation, our waters are cleaner than they ever have been. We worked closely with the New Mexico Environment Department in 2008 on the development of more stringent regulations for all hot springs in the state. Our water quality is consistently higher than the standards mandated by the state, and we also maintain a rigorous and regular microbiological water testing protocol to monitor our waters and ensure adherence to these standards.

We thank you for taking the time to post your review and for your suggestions and observations. Please know that your comments will be applied constructively in our on-going effort to improve the Ojo guest experience. We hope you will consider returning so that we have the opportunity to provide you with the kind of Ojo experience that Ojo is known for and that we mutually value.

Kamella Bird-Romero
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed September 7, 2017

I have visited Ojo Caliente 4 times now and planning another trip this November for my 60th Birthday with 3 of my girlfriends! As soon as I get close to the turn off to the resort I can feel my whole body decompressing into pure bliss! Staying here is just the most relaxing place I have ever experienced. We stay in a Pueblo with fireplace so we can use the Kiva pool very close by. Everyone that works here is so friendly and helpful. We go to yoga in the mornings and like getting pampered with a massage and wrap and also the private soak in the evening usually at night to take in the beauty of the night sky and if your lucky a shooting star! All the mineral pools are close and have their individual benefits. This 300 acre Indian reservation is a nice place to hike around, build your own carin and find your inner being. The restaurant on the premisis is totally outstanding in every way from great service to excellent food! Be sure to try the fried publono peppers,totally delicious! Once you walk through the door to your Pueblo and hear the meditating music playing on the TV I guarantee you will be so relaxed and I only ask you not watch TV but to just let the meditating music play and forget the outside world for the time you are experiencing this spiritual and amazing getaway. Thank you all at Ojo Caliente and I will continue to tell everyone about your wonderful relaxing Resort and Spa.

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed September 6, 2017

This place has it figured out. Multiple pools. Signs to whisper. Ability to accommodate many without visitors feeling crowded. Delicious food in the restaurant. Super clean. great fellow guests. I've enjoyed myself immensely with every visit!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marlayna67
Reviewed September 4, 2017

Enjoyed a very relaxing 24 hours at Ojo. So fortunate to have what feels like a far away destination resort only an hour away. The baths, the massage, the accommodations, the walks and the restaurant are wonderful.

Room Tip: Pueblo Suites are wonderful - great beds, fireplace and sitting area.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Griddedsfe
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

This place was a great experience to attend if your in the area make it a pit spot and ensure you have time. You dont want to rush through the experience. Staff was really nice especially at the restaurant where the food was delicious.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple