Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Ojo Caliente
See available hotels
Taos Trail Inn(Ojo Caliente)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Ohkay Casino Resort Hotel(Ohkay Owingeh (San Juan Pueblo))
  • Restaurant
Rodeway Inn(Espanola)
1,330 results
All reviewsprivate poolwine barhistoric hotelmud batharsenic poollocker roomnew mexicobath housepueblo suitesanta fethe cottageskiva fireplaceartesian restauranthiking trailsrelaxing experienceblue corncliffside suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 5, 2006

I loved my stay at Ojo. I didn't want anything too fussy or plush. These are ancient Native American waters, an ancient Native American place, and should be respected as such. The staff was very friendly but not overly attentive. I found the place to be clean, and I had the best massage I've ever had. The pools were fabulous. The food was good, not gourmet, so if that's what you're looking for you won't be happy here. The town is tiny, so if you want a plush McSpa type experience don't go here. But I love it and will certainly go again.

• Stayed: June 2004
8  Thank Smartalec26
Reviewed January 30, 2006

This hideaway just 2 hours from Albuquerque and not far from Taos offers a variety of great hot pools in a beautifully-landscaped setting. The historic hotel offers the basic amenities, but several different cottage/house arrangements are available with TV. The restaurant is very nice. We enjoyed our stay very much. A variety of massages and wraps are available. We loved going in winter. Somewhat retro, but nice ambiance.

4  Thank kaypra
A TripAdvisor Member
San Diego, CA
Reviewed December 21, 2005

Not at all what I thought it would be! Unfortunately, my experience at Ojo Caliente did not live up to my expectations. When I go to a spa, I am accustomed to getting a locker to store my things, a robe and slippers to use while I am there, and for the bathroom to have shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and q-tips for me to use. Not to mention, normally, there is a pitcher of water available and some fruit to snack on. Ojo had none of that. The prices at Ojo were comparable to high end spas, which made me think that I would be getting a similar spa experience.

If Ojo had not had such high prices, I wouldn’t mind not having all of the amenities that I’m used to, but considering they are charging as much as high end spas, they fall very short of expectations. As someone else has written, they need to bring the service up to the prices they charge, and the attendants don’t provide very good customer service, especially not what you expect from a spa. And like another reviewer, we had the same experience of Ojo telling us that they couldn’t find one of the massage therapists, and that one of us in our group may not be able to get a massage. Luckily they found a replacement therapist to do the massage. We were visiting from out of town, and had booked our massage over a month in advance.

We had to buy/rent a padlock to use to lock our valuables up in small lockers outside by the pools. This was very inconvenient and meant that we had to go back and forth between areas before and after our massages. My massage room was facing a few of the pools there, which meant that I heard a lot of commotion outside during the massage, which made it difficult to relax.

Tip: You can order for and take it outside to eat at the restaurant. Don’t get the salads – very small and over priced. Go for one of the sandwiches – they even come with a small salad. I’ve heard that it takes quite a long time to order and sit down to eat in the restaurant, so you may want to get your order to go so you can enjoy the outdoors.

• Stayed: October 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 15, 2005

I spent New Years Eve at Ojo Caliente last year because I was looking for a relaxed and mellow evening that wouldn't cost a fortune. I was not disappointed. It's true that the rooms aren't fancy, but they are decently furnished and clean. I had a wonderful massage, herbal wrap and mineral bath. The outdoor hot springs are great. The food in the restaurant is OK, nothing special, but overall I liked the funky atmosphere of the place. The thing that really amazed me was the price. This was New Year's Eve, when everybody jacks up their rates, but Ojo Caliente didn't change their rates at all--the room cost $100 plus tax.

Stayed: December 2004
5  Thank ChelseaGirl98
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 17, 2005

Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Spa is a rustic relaxing place to get away from it all. We had a cabin and it was sparse but very clean and net. Our cabin came with a tv so we could relax and watch a movie if we wanted to. We also had a kitchen that had a few itemsL plates, cups, etc.
The restaurant was wonderful and reasonable, we thought.
The mineral springs were fun...but our concerns were with the staff and something they did at the restaurant which really angered us. We had reservations for dinner for both nights. The second night, was Mothers Day. At no time did they display any signs or tell the people staying there that there was a limited and price fixed dinner for Mothers Day. So, we showed up for our dinner and were told it would be a flat $32 per person. My husband went just a few feet away to the registration desk and calmly told the person that we were not told of this and were not expecting to pay $74 for dinner that night. We were told to "go to Tiny's" which was down the street. A small place (7 tables) with nice people but it was all hamburgers and finger food. Our problem was the rudeness and lack of concern the person displayed.

Later that evening, my husband attempted to use the steam room and sauna which had not been working fro two days and again, he politely mentioned it and the teenager who was sitting there said, "yeah, we know about it". So much, again, for customer service.

The experience that angered me the most was that during the afternoon I had a massage. I explained to the therapist that I was a juvenile diabetic and had a few other medical problems going on at the moment. She commented that if I got my juvenile diabetes "into remission", perhaps my other medical problems would clear up. Juvenile Diabetes does not go "into remission". Making that statement to some one who is not as educated as myself may have caused severe problems.

I'm glad I went to Ojo but we will not go back

Stayed: May 2005