Ohkay Casino Resort Hotel(Ohkay Owingeh (San Juan Pueblo))
$94
Rodeway Inn(Espanola)
$50
$89
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

$131
$119
Hampton.com
$73
$64
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $79/night.

$76
$99
QualityInn
1,399 results
All reviewsprivate poolwine barmud bathhistoric hotelarsenic poollocker roomnew mexicobath houseday passsanta fethe cottagesartesian restaurantkiva fireplacerelaxing experiencehiking trailsblue cornwhisper zone
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I returned to Ojo again at the end of this last summer for an overnight stay, and there had been a few changes and improvements throughout the property.
The room we stayed in happened to be right next to the room we stayed in last time. The bedding had been upgraded and was quite comfy. Throughout the resort, they had put in more relaxing areas - more hammocks, chairs and shade awnings. It was nice to see that even though they already have a great property, they are still working on making it even better.
It is always a relaxing and peaceful stay. There are plenty of areas throughout to relax in or out of the pools. And yes, once again the mud pool was open during our stay.
Though we didn't really indulge in the restaurants this time, I remember them having some great food, so it's worth a try for sure.
Once again it's important to remind guests that this is definitely a place for getting away, and not really an ideal place to take the kiddos, just so you know. :)
I'm not sure when I plan to go back, but since it's not too far away from where I live, I do plan on on it. I recommend this resort to many, because there is nothing wrong with relaxing.

Room Tip: I've only stayed in the historic hotel rooms when I've visited, but they are suitable for the quick getaway and/or budget conscious guests.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cordium23
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I stopped here for several hours during our recent trip to NM. This was a planned stop because it was between our point of departure (Santa Fe) and our destination (Farmington).

Because we visited in April, the pools were not packed with people, that is their off season time.

We did the couples package where you get the private mineral pool for an hour and a massage for an hour.

NOTE: While the description of the massage for the couples package makes it sound like you are in the same room together...this is not the case. Apparently, there are no rooms in the spa that are made to accommodate two people for massage... This was a bummer.

The pools were very warm 102+ °F and all outdoors except for the Soda Spring. It was a cool 40 something degrees when we went... The pools are not filtered or anything, so if you suffer from mysophobia this is not for you. This is not to say that the pools were disgusting or anything, but just knowing that the water is not filtered might turn some people off to this experience. There were a few strands of hair floating around, but that happens in a regular swimming pool too.

The private pools are very cool; the private area we had was around 25 ft by maybe 20 ft. There are chairs for in there for putting your robes and other miscellaneous goods on. There is a fireplace and a small stack of what I believe was mesquite wood (because of the incredibly fragrant smell). The pool was very warm and highly enjoyable. They provide a pitcher of ice water for you to drink too.

The waiter (for lack of a better term) will not enter the room without giving you ample warning over a speakerphone...do be careful what you say though...because I suspect that the speaker phone could be a two-way that could be enabled by the waiter. I say this because when we were in the pool he called and said that our time was almost up and we acknowledged his statement and he then responded...and we never pushed a button or anything... The only other thing I can think of is that perhaps he was right on the other side of the wall (~7ft tall) and just heard us.

Either way, this was a very fun experience and was definitely a nice way to get some R&R in on a vacation that was packed with hiking and driving.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank onebigfellah
Ojowaters, Guest Relations Manager at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review and recommendation. We are so pleased you enjoyed your recent visit and appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns.

Please know that we take water quality very seriously. The entire volume of each pool, with the exception of the large pool which is chlorinated and filtered, is replaced every thirty minutes to an hour with new clean water, or recirculated water which has been filtered and subjected to ozone and UV light.

We worked closely with the New Mexico Environment Department in 2008 on the development of more stringent regulations for all hot springs in the state. We work diligently to stay well within these requirements, and to maximize water quality and optimize our bather?s experience. Examples of a few methods that we use in our efforts to maximize water quality include: maximizing pool flow and turnover rates; draining, thoroughly cleaning and refilling all of our non-chlorinated pools at least three times weekly; using ozone and ultraviolet light for sterilization of our waters; the filtration of our waters; and, maintaining a rigorous and regular microbiological water testing protocol to monitor water quality and insure adherence to the regulation?s standards.

Please be assured that the temperatures of these artesian mineral waters continue to emerge from the earth at the same 104 - 111 degrees. Air and ground temperatures impact the water temperatures once they are in the pools; during very cold weather the cold mass of the ground and stones lining these pools draw heat from the water in the iron and soda pools. Last season, when we had single-digit night temperatures, we addressed this by adding more geothermal heat exchangers to maintain the temperatures during cold weather.

The comfort and privacy of our guests using our Private Pools is carefully maintained, and the speaker system in each of the Private Pools is likewise private. They are used by our spa attendants to answer our guests' needs and questions, and to alert them to the end of a session. Our attendants can only hear a guest or guests when they activate the speaker in the pool by calling the staff.

At this time we do not offer same-room massages for couples, and this information is stated clearly in our literature and on our website. We regret that there was confusion regarding this, but hope you and your wife enjoyed the personal attention you received during your massage therapies.

Your feedback is invaluable to us and we are grateful for your compliments. We look forward to welcoming you again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact our staff if we can be of further assistance in any way.

Eric Martinez
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I kidnapped my daughter and took her to the springs so I could have her all to myself!! Melissa and I had booked 50 minute facials for 11am - We arrived at the springs after driving easily from Santa Fe New Mexico. The facial I had was terrific - I felt pampered and a foot massage was thrown in. I fell asleep for several minutes and awoke where my face felt dewy and hydrated. The pools, mud bath, swimming pool and hot tubs were clean, not overcrowded and welcoming. The restaurant served good food and staff was efficient and very pleasant. Thanks for a lovely day!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Josafina
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I recently returned from a weekend at Ojo Caliente and I would like to share what a gem it is. My sister and I stayed in the cabins, very clean and a spacious kitchen (although there is no stove). The staff was really nice and I liked how they would go around the pools with a quiet sign every 10 minutes to remind people. The mud bath was a great perk. The trails said that there was biking allowed, but honestly, I am a decent mountain biker and I would not have been able to do the first section. Its a great hike.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gkaasch
Ojowaters, Guest Relations Manager at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort & Spa. We are pleased to know that you and your sister enjoyed your visit, and we thank you for your kind recommendation.

By way of information, the Springs' property consists of 1,100 acres and is adjoined to thousands of acres of national forest and public lands. Our diverse landscape ranges from the lush river valley to stunning high desert mesas -- all of which contain numerous hiking and biking trails. The hilltop trail to the ancient Posi Pueblo site introduces you to the rich heritage of Northern New Mexico. The more adventurous will enjoy over 15 miles of mountain bike trails through the surrounding mesas and to the historic Mica Mines. Guests can also ride the delightful and more level 2-mile Bosque River Loop, which includes a bridge over the Rio Ojo Caliente. For a more leisurely walk, guests can also visit our historic Adobe Round Barn. Whatever your interest and ability, Ojo offers stunning vistas and trails.

Your kind words about our staff are greatly appreciated and have been shared with them. We hope you will be able to return very soon for another visit, and thank you again for your feedback!

Eric Martinez
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I had stayed at Ojo Caliente six years ago and enjoyed it then. At that time they were just beginning some major renovations which are nicely done and keep to the southwestern traditions. The historic hotel was modest but adequate and there is more high end lodging available. The restaurant was excellent (six years ago and now). I appreciated their efforts to maintain a contemplative atmosphere at the hot springs pools and the staff were gracious and helpful.

Room Tip: There is a wide range of housing options.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo