1,418 results
All reviewsprivate poolwine barmud bathhistoric hotelarsenic poolnew mexicobath houseday passsanta fethe cottageskiva fireplaceartesian restaurantrelaxing experiencehiking trailssteam roomblue cornwhisper zone
Reviewed April 19, 2013

After a long day of hiking we decided to stop here...the food was excellent and the mineral springs rejuvenated us! Thanks! It is casual yet elegant! Waitress made some great recommendations for the evening meal. Remember flip flops, as it beats heading to the springs in hiking boots or bare feet. We did not stay here but appreciated and valued the watering hole after a long day! Perhaps we will stay there another time. The mineral springs were cheaper after 6:00 p.m. which was a benefit!

Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I try to stay in this quant little, Historic Hotel at least once per year. It isn't fancy but very clean and comfortable. Of course the access to the Hot Springs, the Artisian Resturant, and the comforts and aminities make it a very nice place to kick back and work out the kinks. Take advantage of their stay two nights and the third night is free. Also their Sweet Heart special in February is quite rewarding. If you demand luxury this isn't the place but if comfort and care is in this is a good recomendation.

D. Bish

Room Tip: You can stay in one of the cabins if you like but we prefer the Historic Hotel. All units are ground floor with access to the Hot Springs included.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Don B
Ojowaters, Guest Relations Manager at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting your kind review. We are pleased that you visit us regularly and enjoy this wonderful environment.

As you may know, the Historic Hotel was built in 1916 and the hotel rooms are our entry level of our many lodging types. As such, they do not have the same amenities as our newer units and that many of our well traveled guests expect. Showers or tub/shower combos, microwaves, mini-refrigerators, in-room coffee and tea, and satellite TV are provided in those other rooms.

You may enjoy trying one of our more fully-appointed suites or cottages during your next visit, and we invite you to check our website for details about each lodging type and seasonal specials. We hope you will continue your annual (or more often) visits, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Eric Martinez
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed April 10, 2013

A wonderful experience and a fantastic way to celebrate a birthday!! We spent 3 nights and stayed in the old historic hotel - very clean and comfortable bed and close to the restaurant. The restaurant is outstanding and the staff wonderful. As it was my birthday, they surprised me with a birthday treat for breakfast and dinner. The quiet whisper-only policy kept everything so peaceful in the spa area. There are a variety of massages to select from which was perfect - it was hard to select - but I was able to find a perfect one for me!!. We either hiked or toured the country side in the morning, leaving the afternoon for relaxing and soaking in the pools and evening in the restaurant and a glass of wine in the rocking chairs in front of the fireplace. . Looking forward to returning to this "find".

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FMMR
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have been home for a little while now, but a day doesn't pass that I don't think about returning to Ojo Caliente someday, and what a happy time we had here. First, I was a little apprehensive about visiting here in March, when the temperatures are still cool. When we arrived and were walking from the parking lot to the front desk, I thought that I had made a huge mistake, and didn't know how I could ever go outside in just a bathing suit and sandals in the windy sub-zero temperatures. There was no need to worry, and I now realize that the colder temperatures might make for an even better visit. Being in the hot water at night, gazing at all the stars in the sky, is something that everyone should experience.
I liked everything about Ojo. We stayed in a plaza suite, which included a big bedroom, kitchen, gorgeous bathroom, and even a patio. The room was decorated beautifully, and I liked the concrete floors. They seem much cleaner than carpeting. I loved the warm, soft chamois robes and the big fluffy towels. The best part of staying in the plaza suite was having access to the kiva pool. We visited twice late in the evening, and once at 6 a.m., and had the pool to ourselves all three times. My number one criteria for a hotel room is cleanliness, and our room passed with flying colors.
One thing that was a big surprise was the hiking trails. They are great, and it's nice to have access to them right on the property. If you visit, make sure to get a brochure about the P’osi-ouinge Ruins trail from the front desk.
Another thing that made our time here extra special was the Artesian Restaurant. We really enjoyed all our meals, especially the desserts. The chocolate cigar and toasted coconut mango tres leches cake were outstanding. All the waiters were super friendly, and we enjoyed talking to them.
You may not think about smell when you visit a hotel, but Ojo smelled good - I know that is an odd thing to say, but it's something that stands out for me. In addition, the grounds and landscaping are beautiful. It goes without saying that the pools are wonderful.
Ojo is in the middle of nowhere, but you could easily use it as a base for such places as Taos, Abiquiu, and Los Alamos without making too long of a drive.
Since you are reading this review, I really hope that you get to experience Ojo Caliente and have as much fun as we did.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IlliniTrav
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I spent three nights at Ojo in a Plaza suite from April 1-4. Our room was clean and spacious, and had everything we needed. Just a note...a hair dryer is not listed on the website but it is provided. We did spend a little time at the kiva pool, but found the other pools to be where we spent most of our time. There were a few times when things got pretty busy, but it never seemed to be a problem. We always found a chair to put our towels and robes, and found a spot to call our own in one of the pools. I personally loved the sauna and steam option too. We were pleasantly surprised to discover that the mud pool was open because on the website it said it opened in May. We were determined to experience all that Ojo had to offer, so we reserved a private pool for 4 hours one evening. I would recommend doing the 50 minute version. That would be plenty. The kiva fireplace is a must, though. We had the Ojo Dreaming spa treatment, which was fabulous. We were both soooo relaxed after that! Wish I could do it everyday! The grounds are beautiful, especially at night. The wine bar and restaurant are both top notch. Service can be a bit slow in the restaurant, but you just have to be prepared for that and enjoy it...part of the whole slow down and relax theme! It's certainly worth it! We thoroughly enjoyed every bite. One thing to note: if you plan to eat in the restaurant, it's best to make reservations. But if you don't want to worry about that, you can eat in the bar area and after five you can order from the main restaurant menu. Be sure to try the green chile fries...excellent! If you're looking for a "party in the hot tub with cocktails" experience, this would not be for you. But if you want to relax and rejuvenate, with maybe a glass of wine or two with dinner, Ojo is the place!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ojowaters, Guest Relations Manager at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review and recommendation. We are so pleased to know that you enjoyed your Ojo experience!

We apologize that the service in our restaurant was somewhat slower than usual. We have higher than normal guest volume during the spring break season, which can slow down food service a bit. To alleviate this problem, we have increased the staff-to-guest ratio in the dining room and wine bar, and we also plan to increase the kitchen capacity during the upcoming year. We believe these adjustments will greatly enhance our guests' dining experience.

Thank you again for your comments and compliments. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Eric Martinez