Ohkay Casino Resort Hotel(Ohkay Owingeh (San Juan Pueblo))
$102
$85
$79
Inn at Ojo(Ojo Caliente)
1,400 results
All reviewsprivate poolwine barmud bathhistoric hotelarsenic poollocker roomnew mexicobath houseday passsanta fethe cottagesartesian restaurantkiva fireplacerelaxing experiencehiking trailsblue cornwhisper zone
Reviewed April 10, 2013

A wonderful experience and a fantastic way to celebrate a birthday!! We spent 3 nights and stayed in the old historic hotel - very clean and comfortable bed and close to the restaurant. The restaurant is outstanding and the staff wonderful. As it was my birthday, they surprised me with a birthday treat for breakfast and dinner. The quiet whisper-only policy kept everything so peaceful in the spa area. There are a variety of massages to select from which was perfect - it was hard to select - but I was able to find a perfect one for me!!. We either hiked or toured the country side in the morning, leaving the afternoon for relaxing and soaking in the pools and evening in the restaurant and a glass of wine in the rocking chairs in front of the fireplace. . Looking forward to returning to this "find".

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FMMR
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have been home for a little while now, but a day doesn't pass that I don't think about returning to Ojo Caliente someday, and what a happy time we had here. First, I was a little apprehensive about visiting here in March, when the temperatures are still cool. When we arrived and were walking from the parking lot to the front desk, I thought that I had made a huge mistake, and didn't know how I could ever go outside in just a bathing suit and sandals in the windy sub-zero temperatures. There was no need to worry, and I now realize that the colder temperatures might make for an even better visit. Being in the hot water at night, gazing at all the stars in the sky, is something that everyone should experience.
I liked everything about Ojo. We stayed in a plaza suite, which included a big bedroom, kitchen, gorgeous bathroom, and even a patio. The room was decorated beautifully, and I liked the concrete floors. They seem much cleaner than carpeting. I loved the warm, soft chamois robes and the big fluffy towels. The best part of staying in the plaza suite was having access to the kiva pool. We visited twice late in the evening, and once at 6 a.m., and had the pool to ourselves all three times. My number one criteria for a hotel room is cleanliness, and our room passed with flying colors.
One thing that was a big surprise was the hiking trails. They are great, and it's nice to have access to them right on the property. If you visit, make sure to get a brochure about the P’osi-ouinge Ruins trail from the front desk.
Another thing that made our time here extra special was the Artesian Restaurant. We really enjoyed all our meals, especially the desserts. The chocolate cigar and toasted coconut mango tres leches cake were outstanding. All the waiters were super friendly, and we enjoyed talking to them.
You may not think about smell when you visit a hotel, but Ojo smelled good - I know that is an odd thing to say, but it's something that stands out for me. In addition, the grounds and landscaping are beautiful. It goes without saying that the pools are wonderful.
Ojo is in the middle of nowhere, but you could easily use it as a base for such places as Taos, Abiquiu, and Los Alamos without making too long of a drive.
Since you are reading this review, I really hope that you get to experience Ojo Caliente and have as much fun as we did.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IlliniTrav
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I spent three nights at Ojo in a Plaza suite from April 1-4. Our room was clean and spacious, and had everything we needed. Just a note...a hair dryer is not listed on the website but it is provided. We did spend a little time at the kiva pool, but found the other pools to be where we spent most of our time. There were a few times when things got pretty busy, but it never seemed to be a problem. We always found a chair to put our towels and robes, and found a spot to call our own in one of the pools. I personally loved the sauna and steam option too. We were pleasantly surprised to discover that the mud pool was open because on the website it said it opened in May. We were determined to experience all that Ojo had to offer, so we reserved a private pool for 4 hours one evening. I would recommend doing the 50 minute version. That would be plenty. The kiva fireplace is a must, though. We had the Ojo Dreaming spa treatment, which was fabulous. We were both soooo relaxed after that! Wish I could do it everyday! The grounds are beautiful, especially at night. The wine bar and restaurant are both top notch. Service can be a bit slow in the restaurant, but you just have to be prepared for that and enjoy it...part of the whole slow down and relax theme! It's certainly worth it! We thoroughly enjoyed every bite. One thing to note: if you plan to eat in the restaurant, it's best to make reservations. But if you don't want to worry about that, you can eat in the bar area and after five you can order from the main restaurant menu. Be sure to try the green chile fries...excellent! If you're looking for a "party in the hot tub with cocktails" experience, this would not be for you. But if you want to relax and rejuvenate, with maybe a glass of wine or two with dinner, Ojo is the place!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ojowaters, Guest Relations Manager at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review and recommendation. We are so pleased to know that you enjoyed your Ojo experience!

We apologize that the service in our restaurant was somewhat slower than usual. We have higher than normal guest volume during the spring break season, which can slow down food service a bit. To alleviate this problem, we have increased the staff-to-guest ratio in the dining room and wine bar, and we also plan to increase the kitchen capacity during the upcoming year. We believe these adjustments will greatly enhance our guests' dining experience.

Thank you again for your comments and compliments. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Eric Martinez
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Last summer, four girlfriends stayed at Ojo Caliente for two nights in on of two houses there. EVERYTHING was wonderful: first the lobby is lovely, inviting and the personnel at the top of their game. The four-bedroom house was fully equiped,,,,,, quiet and ver comfortable. We enjoyed each having our own room which doesn't happen often when we travel. The kitchen allowed more than one to cook and was open to the large great room with a table that could seat at least eight. But the SPA! ooooh the spa! The facility, the services and the technicians were top notch. Each of us thoroughly enjoyed several packages and the unlimited use of the hot pools and restful outside areas. Best of all, it was more affordable that others we've gone to but didn't lack in quality. It is older and very rural which adds to the charm and quiet but it is by NO means "crusty" or shabby. We are going back this year!! And if you haven't traveled to Northern NM, the Native American Pueblos and beautiful Georgia O'Keefe Country keep us going back.

Room Tip: For a group, try to get one of two houses. It adds to time together--coffe outside in the quiet, dining iust your party, without being too-together!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Ojo has lifted itself from a funky hippy hangout to an upscale resort without selling its soul, quite a feat.

We stayed in a the old hotel part, which is the last part to be upgraded. You still have no showers and must shower in the bath houses. They're fine. Meanwhile, the furnishing and fixtures have been updated, and it feels like luxury throughout.

The restaurant is outstanding, as well. Everything fresh and delicious, and the wait staff was so adept at helping my gluten-free wife navigate the options. I'd go back there in a heart beat.

What a delightful place to recharge. The quiet whisper-only policy kept everything so peaceful, and it gave my wife wonderful opportunities to shush me.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family