Ohkay Casino Resort Hotel(Ohkay Owingeh (San Juan Pueblo))
$94
$170
$57
  • Free Internet
$69
Inn at Ojo(Ojo Caliente)
1,399 results
All reviewsprivate poolwine barmud bathhistoric hotelarsenic poollocker roomnew mexicobath houseday passsanta fethe cottagesartesian restaurantkiva fireplacerelaxing experiencehiking trailsblue cornwhisper zone
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We hadn't been up to Ojo since the additions and remodel, and the grounds looked great. We had a great meal at the restaurant, great massage and facial too. We didn't bring our kids, and I was very glad, as the "whisper only" policy was indeed enforced by guys carrying around "Please whisper" signs. The trails above the springs are now labeled and great for biking or hiking. The only caveat: The room we stayed in at the old hotel was a bargain on a Sunday at $139, but there was a reason for that: Our room adjoined another room and we could hear everything (EVERYTHING) that was going on in the room next door. If you are accustomed to a little more privacy, definitely spring for the upgrade in rooms. We didn't mind the lack of shower and the small size of the room, but hearing conversations from the room next door was a bit much.

Room Tip: Avoid old hotel if you want privacy
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rebasan
Ojowaters, Guest Relations Manager at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit to Ojo and our latest enhancements. Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort & Spa is one of the most unique and authentically New Mexican experiences that one can have, and we have made a conscious effort to maintain our lodging and spa offerings so that they are accessible to as large a group of people as possible and do not become exclusive.

As you may know, the Historic Hotel was built in 1916 and has the charm and character of an older building including many original architectural features. That being said, it is our goal for all of our guests to enjoy a restful and tranquil visit, and we appreciate your feedback.

We have always welcomed well-behaved children with parental supervision to Ojo. In our effort to provide a quiet and tranquil experience for all of our guests, we offer the following accommodations for children: children under age 2 enter free with a parent or guardian; children ages 13 years old and younger are welcome with parental supervision from 10 am and 6 pm in the Large Pool only, and any time in Private Pools for an additional cost. Children must be 14 years of age to enter all other pools. In addition, we are in the process of creating two distinct noise level areas in the Springs; one with a more relaxed noise policy where our guests can be more social, while still maintaining the tranquil environment; and another area continuing the more serene Whisper Policy to provide the sacred and peaceful surroundings that have drawn people to Ojo for thousands of years.

We are most grateful for your continued patronage and look forward to welcoming you again soon. If I can be of further assistance or answer any questions for you, please do not hesitate to contact me at eric@ojospa.com.

Eric Martinez
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed March 10, 2013

One of the most beautiful, magical places I've ever been. The spa is perfectly situated in the natural environment. Staff is friendly and polite, the food is delicious. The mineral pools are delightful. Reserving the private pool is definitely worth the money. The smell of the crackling pinon wood, the cold desert night air, millions of stars above, the cacti and cliff alongside the pool....a night I will treasure forever. Even our children, who are tween to early teen, loved everything about it, especially quietly swinging in the hammocks. We rented the small adobe house, which was gorgeous.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank snowdog21
Reviewed March 10, 2013

A friend and I from out of town visited Ojo in Sept 2013. I've been there many times and enjoy the mineral pools, store, massages, and delicious restaurant... This time I accidentally left my jacket and blouse in the room closet. We were staying for the day, so we checked out and when I remembered later after being in the pools I asked to see if they had turned up.. Not only did they not turn up, but I waited about two weeks after calling to speak to the manager . I had called many times (had to wait for the laundry,.etc....) and was told they could not be found. Never once did the manager offer to make restitution though they did say they were sorry....I thought that Ojo had more class, but alas they are a far cry from 10,000 waves in Santa Fe!!! If you go be extremely careful with all of your belongings, double check everything!!

Room Tip: Be diligent and careful with all of your belongings, lock them in your car!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Trischita
Ojowaters, Guest Relations Manager at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of the problems you experienced during your recent visit. We sincerely appreciate your continued patronage and are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed Ojo on numerous occasions.

We have recently initiated a pre-service room inspection program that will be conducted by a supervisor or manager. All guest rooms will be checked for left-behind items to ensure that they promptly make it to our lost and found and to assist in preventing the frustration you experienced. It is our goal and mission to provide our guests with the highest level of customer service, and we apologize that we fell short in responding to your inquiries.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly about your experience and ask that you call me at (505) 583-3221. Your comments and observations are very important to us, and every effort will be made to address these issues to be sure that they are resolved.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Eric Martinez
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Driving thought town we where unsure what to expect, but we drove up walked into the lobby the front desk lady was very nice and helpful. We received our key and went to our room the cliffside suite which was amazing the photos online did not do it justice. We had the romantic spring getaway wine and chocolates waited for us. We then had a private pool with a kiva fire place it was perfect, we had all our meals at the restaurant on site. It was great and the service was wonderful! I had 3 spa services, the mud treatment, massage and a facial. Massage was good, mud treatment was my favorite and strongly suggest it, but my facial was just ok, the therapist had an offensive body odor and was eating while I was under the towel which was very unprofessional, she was running late so was rushed the products are amazing made my face feel great just wish it woulda have been with a different therapist My husband also had 3 services they all where great. Over all it was excellent loved the private pool, public pools got crowded in the afternoon. Waters are amazing! We will be going back soon

Room Tip: cliffside suite
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ojowaters, Guest Relations Manager at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

First, thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We are so happy you chose to visit Ojo in early March, and that you both enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your wonderful comments about our front desk and restaurant staff and for sharing the lovely details about your romantic Ojo experience.

I do want to extend my sincere apologies for the less than acceptable face therapy you received. I want to assure you that I have reviewed your experience with the therapist involved and I am giving the situation the attention that it deserves. We consider the "Ojo experience" to be a unique and special one, which includes providing exceptional spa treatments with very high standards of service. When we fall short, we work to rectify these matters immediately. We hope to see you again soon, and thank you for your valuable feedback.

Jeannine Mallory
Spa & Guest Services Director

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We fell in love with Ojo several years ago and will continue to go back as often as we can. I have even taken extra days of travel during work in order to spend time here!!! The mineral springs are so comforting, the rooms are clean and very comfortable, the restaurant is top notch. I would recommend this (and do) to anyone traveling in the area!!!

Room Tip: The new rooms with the private pool can hear the people in the springs....choose one of the older cottages and you will be much happier!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple