Ohkay Casino Resort Hotel(Ohkay Owingeh (San Juan Pueblo))
$102
$85
$79
Inn at Ojo(Ojo Caliente)
1,400 results
All reviewsprivate poolwine barmud bathhistoric hotelarsenic poollocker roomnew mexicobath houseday passsanta fethe cottagesartesian restaurantkiva fireplacerelaxing experiencehiking trailsblue cornwhisper zone
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I had been to the springs years ago before they remodeled. I enjoyed it just as much and stayed for a few days this time. It is so beautiful and I LOVE water- nothing like floating under the stars in the natural setting of the iron pool. They haven't messed with the historic Inn and for people who need more there are guest cottages now- no showers in the rooms at the Inn but I liked meeting people in the women's locker room. Good food at the restaurant, friendly staff- I like that the staff gets to use the pools after their shift- not hoity toity- and the firemen get to soak after work too. I will go back again!

Room Tip: get out of your room and go to the pools or hike or eat!
1  Thank lindalizbeth
Reviewed March 30, 2012

When my husband and I first visited Ojo it was 2006. We had a great time and loved it because it was really pretty funky, like something out of the 1950's. When we visited again in 2008 they had begun to make changes and we weren't sure we would like them. So I returned in March 2012, and I must say that the changes are totally perfect! The new casitas are beautifully decorated, comfortable and aesthetically appealing. the mineral pools are well kept up and fixed. Ojo uses solar and geo thermal power and they utilize the environment with a sense of responsibility. The smell of sage burning in the fires is overwhelmingly calming. The hot springs combined with the huge sky and mountains in the chill March air is totally magical. The renovations are really perfect, it doesn't look "done and fancy" but is so appealing and comfortable. The restaurant is much improved with some lovely wines, and the staff was all helpful, calm and seemed happy. No it is not cheap, but it was worth every penny! I intend to make a pilgrimage every year if I possibly can.

Room Tip: All the accommodations are well done, but the more expensive rooms Plaza Cottages and up are just gorgeous and totally comfortable. And they have a Kiva pool only for those renting the cottages. They have a wide choice of rooms, from a whole house to the old hotel rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank GSalsberg
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We stayed in one of the Cliffside rooms and loved our stay. Very comfortable beds, loved the shampoo, lotion etc. that were provided. We did not use our outdoor soaker tub on the private porch but it looked nice. Minor problems: the rooms smell of smoke from the fireplace in our room and the resort in general. I like the smell so it did not bother me but may cause issues for others. The hair dryer was very under-powered. I am glad I brought my own; otherwise I would have been drying my hair for a long time! The bathroom sink and the ‘kitchen’ sink are the same… you are provided with a microwave, small dorm sized fridge and basic silverware, glasses, plates, and a bottle opener and that is about it. The sink/kitchen area is separated from the toilet/shower by a door.

We bought a ‘spring renewal’ package for two which included one night’s stay, two 50 minute massages, one hour rental of a private hot pool, and two yoga passes for $500 (not including tax or tips). Staying just one night we barely had time to get all of these activities in, you would need to stay longer to enjoy all the other hot pools. I think I would skip the private pool rental if given a choice. Although I think the resort is great and the massages and yoga classes were also very good I believe this place is a bit overpriced, especially since Ojo Caliente is out in the middle of nowhere. But everyone deserves an indulgence now and then and I am glad I took this one.

1  Thank KTCO
Lori C, Guest Relations Manager at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Thank you for your thoughtful review following your recent stay at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort & Spa. We are so pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit!

We apologize that you found your suite smelling of smoke and that your hairdryer was not satisfactory, and hope you took the opportunity to report these issues to our Front Desk staff while you were here so that they could be immediately addressed.

We also regret that you felt Ojo to be overpriced. It is our intention and mission to preserve the character and essence of the healing waters of Ojo Caliente, and to act as stewards of this very special place. We feel that we offer our lodging guests a great value and wish to point out that our lodging rates include springs access for every day a guest is here, including the day of arrival and day of departure. Based on double occupancy, this is a savings of $72 - $112 per day. In addition to the dollar value of full springs access, guests lodging in our suites have the advantage of using our beautiful new Kiva Pool in a more private setting with extended soaking hours.

Our guest experience is very important to us. We hope to have the opportunity to better serve you in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.

Eric Martinez
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Loved my stay at Ojo Caliente. A friend told me about Ojo Caliente and I re-jiggered my entire week's Northern/Central New Mexico plans to ensure I made it to the hot springs! The soak in the various mineral pools was so relaxing. The way the pools are set up is very charming. We had dinner in the restaurant and the service was amazing.. Craig took care of our every need and checked up on us frequently. I went with my Dad and it was his first time getting any spa treatments and the professionals at the Spa took wonderful care to make his first experience wonderful. I loved the pple we met in the mineral pools.. they were very well rounded, unique, and warm. I had lots of fun conversations with people from all over the US. Was also nice seeing that the spa workers were given the privilege to soak in the pools and they were very friendly and enjoyable to talk to as well. As for the overnight stay.. we had a Cabin and it was fairly bare and we couldn't get the flat screen TV to work but we enjoyed the fact that it made it feel even more rustic. It had a small kitchen with dishes/glasses & microwave/coffee pot. Reminded me of the cabins at several National Parks I have visited with the addition of a kitchen and breakfast table which was nice. Overall a truly enjoyable experience. Highly recommend it if you are in Northern New Mexico.

1  Thank NickRock
Reviewed March 26, 2012

The service at this property leaves a little to be desired. From the desk clerks to the restaurant servers. We started our excursion by calling to try and re-schedule our evening massage to another day, and was told we are still going to charge you for the massage. The lunch the next day in their restaurant was met by another person who told me, that he would not be able to do what I asked and that he had the rest of the restaurant to take care of and left.
That night in the room it felt sweltering and the thermostat although said it was on cool was kicking out heat. When we informed the desk upon our check-out, they said it doesn't cool because that isn't hooked up yet, and "sorry". I suggested they might want to tell people that and maybe offer a fan. The Supervisor thought that sounded like a good suggestion.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Shawnkirch
Lori C, Guest Relations Manager at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort & Spa. We appreciate the opportunity to address the concerns you raised.

We apologize for the misunderstanding which occurred regarding the rescheduling of your spa treatments. The customer service representative you spoke with may have thought you wished to cancel your appointments. While we do have a 24-hour cancellation policy for spa treatments, we are more than happy to reschedule treatments free of charge if at all possible. Your comments regarding your dining experience were immediately shared with our Chef, as we agree that your experience was not acceptable. We appreciate you bringing these matters to our attention, as it is our desire and intention that all of our guests receive genuinely gracious and accommodating hospitality in all service areas.

We apologize too that your room was too warm for your comfort. We utilize geothermal technology to heat and cool the suites, and this is slower to respond than a conventional central heating and air conditioning system. It is normal for these rooms to take several hours to change temperature. As a result of your comments, we have reminded our housekeepers to verify the proper thermostat settings in all of our rooms, and we will make every attempt to provide better information to our guests as to how our systems function. In the future, please be sure to report any problems to our Front Desk staff so that our maintenance staff can immediately address them.

I would like to discuss your experience with you personally, and ask that you contact me at your convenience via my direct phone number at (505) 583-3221.

Eric Martinez