“So quiet and relaxing”
Review of Octagon Inn

Octagon Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Navajo Dam
Octagon Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Navajo Dam B&B and Inns
Mesa, Arizona
“So quiet and relaxing”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have stayed at the Octagon 2 times now and am about to book a week in February. Both times I have chosen the cabin as I really like to have solitude on my San Juan trip. The owners/operators have everything set when you get here. They do not bother you unless you need something. In fact you might not see them until it's time to check out!
I have stayed at a different "historic" place a couple of times and I have to say, Octagon Inn is FAR superior. Everything you need is here to use. All the pans and dishes. This makes it easy to just get up, get dressed and hit the river.
The only negative thing I would have to say is they need to get some new mattresses. Last year I was waking up pretty sore. Maybe they have fixed this already. If not hopefully they will read this before Feb. 16th and look into an investment. Either way, I will be staying at the cabin if it is still available.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I searched TripAdvisor for a good place to stay in Navajo Dam, where my husband would spend the day fishing. I found the perfect spot at the Octagon Inn. We stayed in the Master Suite of the main house. While we were there the cabin was rented, but not the other rooms in the house. We had this entire gorgeous house to ourselves.

Even if the other rooms had been rented, it would have been just fine, as I'm sure they would have been out fishing all day.

The house was absolutely spotlessly clean with a well-stocked kitchen for our breakfast. The carpet is soft and toasty (after days with only tile floors in other parts of NM). Outside were a variety of comfortable chairs for sitting and reading.

I thoroughly enjoyed my day of relaxation (and grocery shopping in Aztec), while my husband had an excellent guide that Octagon Inn had arranged.

We would definitely stay here again (and plan to).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy E
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed February 21, 2013

There are not many choices for lodging in the Navajo Dam area--- but if you are going to go, this is the place to stay. We stayed in the "cabin" which is rustic, comfortable and perfectly suited for the purpose. Clean, with helpful assistance from the operators. Highly recommend it (especially compared with the alternatives.)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank bhardyfam
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed January 20, 2010

At the inn; the guest has a couple of options to stay there. There is the cabin that is self contained and there is the main lodge. The lodge has a common sitting room and kitchen that is totally complete with every thing you need. Also, there are individual rooms with beds according to your needs. One room has its own bathroom. Both cabin and lodge have their own BBQ area with a roof and chairs.

We choose the cabin and couldn't have been happier. There are two twin beds and a bunk bed. The kitchen has everything needed for your cooking desires with the exception of your food. There was even a small selection of spices. The caretaker left for our use a liter of milk and a liter of orange juice in the fridge. The place was spotless and well taken care of. The satilite TV worked perfectly on the new TV as well as the wifi we used to check our emails. When we left for the day activities, the caretaker came in and tidied up for us. We will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
#2 of 2 in Bloomfield
Step Back Inn
Step Back Inn
#1 of 1 in Aztec

Been to Octagon Inn? Share your experiences!