“Not good”
Review of El Comedor de Anayas - CLOSED

El Comedor de Anayas
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Large Main Dining Room. Small Room for groups up to 40 people.Larger decorated in a southwestern style for groups up to 80. Total served is 250. Adobe look building with a 1960 remodeled rotosphere which is lit with bright neon colors.
Los Alamos, New Mexico
“Not good”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had heard about this place from so many people that we just had to stop by and try it while in Moriarty. None of us were impressed, and there was 5 of us. The food tasted reheated, the papitas were undercooked, chips tasted stale, and the furnishings were in desperate need of replacement or re-upholstery - the old red duct tape just made it look trashy. At one time, this place was probably great - but not now. Too run down.

• Visited September 2012

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Terrible”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The service was aweful and the food was worse. Amazed that this place is even in business. I've had better enchiladas in Canada. The server was rude and we left hungry and angry. I would suggest never eating there.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Mark_Mendra
Michaela A, Manager at El Comedor de Anayas, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
I want to apologize for your experience. Please let me know what day and time you came in and I will correct the problem. We get lots of compliments on our food and have been in business for over 59 years. I would hope that you will try us again and would offer you a meal on us.
Thanks for your time.
La Junta, Colorado
“Just OK...”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Just ok, sometimes the food is good sometimes it leaves a little to be desired. The wait staff is the same way. Their buffet is filling, that's its best attribute.

Visited October 2011
Mesa, Arizona
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The sopapillas was the best part of the meal.
The chips were bland and the salsa was very cold and not fresh.
My kid wanted soup and the waitress said they couldnt exchange it for another soup.
My rice and beans were very dry and I couldnt eat it.
I had the blue corn enchiladas with sour cream. They used alot of sour cream...to much!
I scraped out most of it and then was able to eat something.
I asked for lemon with my water and she gave me lemon packets (yuck!)
We were going to ask if they had dessert but got frustrated and got arbys shakes instead.
The waitress was kinda chatty with other customers so we sat for about 5 minutes and decided to just go up front to the counter to pay. When I was paying she asked me if I was going to leave a tip so she didnt have to go in and correct the price later (like most resturants doo, thats what the tip line is for).... I will NEVER eat there again.

• Visited July 2012
Baumholder, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst food ever”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

All of the food is bland tastes like it comes from a can and the place is filthy and a waste of time

1 Thank Mattlu86