“Make the trip”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Tucson, Arizona
“Make the trip”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I've been to The Little Toad twice, once for dinner and today for lunch. The menu has lots of gourmet offerings. The service was slow but the worth the wait. We were not in any rush so we enjoyed visiting with our companions and had a leisurely lunch. Dinner was just as enjoyable..

• Visited October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
NM
“Exceptional food; so-so service”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

When you look at the menu, you're impressed by the gourmet offerings and wonder if it will be as good as it sounds. It actually surpassed our expectations for dinner. The shrimp skewer appetizer was not only tasty, but artfully designed & presented on a bed of baby greens with melon balls, grapes, etc. and a tasty dipping sauce. The Poblano Shrimp entrée was equally beautiful & delicious. And the prices are awesome for such fine food.
The service was not so great. Apparently a new waitress - not familiar with all menu items, slow to bring water & didn't bring nakins & silverware until after the finger-food appetizer was on the table. Drinks came from the bar downstairs & were a bit slow too. But the chile-infused vodka, distilled on site, may have been worth the wait - quite a bite!

• Visited August 2013
Silver City, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not open as advertised”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I drove 45 minutes to have a hamburger at the Little Toad only to find that it was lock up and no one around. It was 7:15pm. We were told that the bar would always be open on Mondays and they would serve a limited menu until 8:00pm. Gas is expensive these days and we wouldn't have minded the cost of the trip in $$ and time if our expectations had been met. It is a shame that the owners do not put the customer before themselves. We will not be going back there. The only thing I can say is if your going to go there it probably would be in your best interest to call first. It is really irritating to drive all that way and not get the promised service.

1 Thank Jean L
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do not eat there”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Service was exceptionally slow, poor quality food and limited menu items. Quite poor for a $160 dinner for 4! Bad service, little quantity and the quality was worse. The waitress just didn't want us to be there. " I'm alone tonight". So what, there was only 1 other table of 7.

1 Thank ajesser
New Mexico
“Memorable Memorial Day brunch”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have heard good things about this place and was happy to finally try it out. We attended a Memorial Day brunch buffet that was excellent. In the chafing dishes were country style potatoes; egg/asperagus casserole; bicuits and green chili gravy; bacon and steak fingers and I may have missed something... The eggs and steak fingers were my favorite; kinda' a tempura batter for the steak was something new and delicious. The dessert table had all kinds of stuff, my favorite being a blueberry and cream/custard tort thing. The baked brie with apricots and almond slivers were good too. Perhaps the most significant thing that I was unaware of is the fact that they distill their own vodka and rum so I had a vodka bloody mary with a house-distilled vodka that was the best I can remember having (and I love me a good bloody mary). Their vodka, we were told, was infused with a green chili flavor that just went perfect with a spicy bloody mary. Yum!!! The atomosphere is tasteful rustica and the weather was absolutely perfect for our outdoor dining experience in the mountains. There weren't many people there at 11am and the staff didn't seem too happy to be there working on a holiday but the server was adequately attentive. I can't wait to go back for dinner...

• Visited May 2013