“Amazing food! Worth the trip!”

Little Toad Creek Inn & Tavern
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Mimbres
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Be sure to check and see when the restaurant is open (different hours to the Tavern downstairs) for a truly divine dining experience. Fresh, local ingredients, creative menu, simply equisite food. They have been open less than a year and the service is running much more smoothly than when we visited in the summer. We were served dinner promptly and ate so well for a fraction of the price a meal of this quality would cost in other places. The downstairs tavern also serves great pub fare and I was especially fond of their homemade smoked tequilla. Yum! If you can stay in the gorgeous hotel and eat there multiple times, even better! The dessert menu alone is worth the trip. The frittata of the day at breakfast is awesome too.

There are newer reviews for Little Toad Creek Inn & Tavern

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I haven't had a meal this good since the last time I visited here in July! It's hard to believe they've been open less than a year too.
Sure, there are a couple bad reviews of a time when they were slammed on a holiday and had pretty slow service, but the young and creative owners are figuring it out fast. All the while they are dishing out world class food with a warm and familial welcome.
I was also privy to a sneak peek of their upcoming hand crafted beer brewing operation and it looks like they'll be expanding their offerings even more next year.
I would recommend the Little Toad Creek Inn & Tavern as highly as anywhere I've eaten (and slept) in the world, and the people are much nicer!

3  Thank DanJenkin
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Non-pretentous good food. I've eatten there twice and will go back. If you are going to Lake Roberts or the Cliff Dwellings this is the place to stop. If you wish to get out of Silver City for a day go here.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We had a busy day and we planned to stay and eat at the Little Toad Creek Inn and Tavern. They were in a great location after a busy day and we were ready to put our feet up. The rooms were comfortable and we can appreciate how after just so few months of taken ownership they are putting a lot of effort into making this a place to go. It's a process still in the works as some little issues could be seen. The room was large and clean with new carpet. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom large. We stayed a Sunday night and found out that Grant county still had the "Blue law" for no liquor could be sold on Sunday. I heard that might be changed. We were disappointed as we were looking forward to trying a few local wines they had to serve. If the law changes I see this helping the Little Creek Inn see it's potential. The meal was good and service good. The location and views were awesome. We had a nice evening sitting on the deck. I look forward to see this place grow and become a destination location. I will come back to support their efforts.

1  Thank ExplorerInLife
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I hope this charming, very out-of-the-way place gets its act together! My husband and I visited on a whim just after the Inn opened. We had been on a wonderful getaway and chose to come back home through Mimbres so we could try it. The food was great! We had a wonderful meal, enjoyed the wine from the good list. The service was adequate but spoiled by the waitress embarrassingly tooting her horn about how SHE shaped the menu and guided the new owners to this fabulously successful opening. The atmosphere is just stunning -- out in the woods, beautiful inn that has been nicely refurbished. We've been back twice since and were bitterly disappointed! Brunch was a total nightmare. Waitress (different one) was stressed nearly to the point of tears, told us we would be waiting a long time. Husband and I were in a very good mood and said, "Fine, just bring us some coffee and we'll be happy." Waitress said it would be about a half hour for coffee as they had run out, were making more, and there were 10 tables ahead of us waiting for coffee. Yikes! And she wasn't kidding! Another brunch trip later and, again, things seemed in total disarray and chaos. Took forever to get server's attention, forever and a day to get our food. Yes, the food is good but not extraordinary. Certainly not worth waiting over an hour for! It's quite a trip for us, so we will not be back until they work out the bugs and get it together.

1  Thank FoodWineDogsLover