“Good food and good service”

La Posta de Mesilla
Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Mesilla
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A lot of touristas. The food is substantial and OK, and our server was doing her best to keep up with the mob. All this seemed a little odd for a Monday night. Great decor. I think that everything about "old Mesilla" may be a little bit of too much hype.

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank David W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,608)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We love visiting quaint Mesilla Plaza and one reason is this historic restaurant. Food is always good and fresh. Service is friendly and attentive though patrons should realize that the wait may be longer than usual on a busy holiday, such as Mother’s Day. (Personally, we never eat out on M-Day, kids or dad’s do the cooking.) Entering the restaurant through the aviary will keep you and your kids distracted if you have to wait for a table. There is also a gift shop to browse through. The wait is worth it for the food, we have never been disappointed by anything here. It is a bit spicy, but we like it that way. Flat enchiladas with an egg on top, the caldillo (soup) and sopapillas are favorites.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed May 13, 2019 via mobile

This is an attractive restaurant with a real Mexican vibe.
We were seated straight away despite it being Mother's Day.
I ordered a delicious margarita & my husband had a beer.

Up until that point our waiter had been fine however, after that he lost the plot a bit forgetting to ask my husband how he wanted his steak cooked, not offering us the green salads & finally not checking how everything was when my side to my steak was cold.

He did take some money off the bill, but it spoilt the experience for us.

Also the whole meal seemed very rushed as if they wanted to get you in & out as quickly as possible.

1  Thank Angel57
Reviewed May 13, 2019

We had a party of 9 for drinks and dinner and were seated at a large table in the outdoor courtyard. The restaurant has lots of history and is unique and charming. The overall restaurant is broken into several smaller dining rooms; each with their own character. Good margaritas and lots of different types. Good food. Excellent service. Reasonable prices. Cool atmosphere. I liked it so much, I came back two days later for breakfast.

Reviewed May 10, 2019 via mobile

Our party of 7 adults, 2 children and a baby ate lunch today at this historic spot. We were surprised by the indoor aviary with exotic semi-talking birds; what a great distraction while waiting for our table! We loved the salsa and chips brought out immediately after we were seated. My hubby and I split a delicious order of 5 folded tacos, 2 with beef strips and 3 with ground beef. The refried beans and rice on the side were good. Our whole table also ordered churros and they were arguably the best I've ever had. Our sweet server kept our glasses full and our dishes cleared practically invisibly... what a star!