“Still great after 30 years!”

La Posta de Mesilla
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Mesilla
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

We haven't been back here in 30 years. But the food is still excellent! The atmosphere is still the same old world classic Mexican style. Loved the experience. Best food we had while visiting New Mexico.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,396)

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is the go-to place when people visit our area. I have many happy memories of this restaurant and it never disappoints me. They serve excellent Mexican food in a lovely setting. Some rooms are smaller if you want privacy. My favorite room is the garden room. If you go at Christmas the garden room will be even more beautiful than usual. Save room for sopapillas and honey.

Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Little slow but great food and our server Misty couldn't have been nicer! Red chile Carne asada rocked! Hornarita margaritas were very respectable! Really historic and beautiful... Use the bathroom in the back...

Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Excellent server, very attentive, but the food took an hour to be made, and was sat out to make sure it arrived to our table cold. They have a very small chimicanga that I was disappointed with, it used to fill me up.

1  Thank Abe A
Reviewed May 8, 2014

My Vegan friend was treated really well here. They helped a lot and he got a great meal without much effort or ever needing to send the meal back. The service was good and my meal was delicious and plenty. we really enjoyed our meal here but it was very busy and had to wait in the reception area with the birds and fish for close to a half hour, hungry which was not fun. but will go back to this restaurant if ever in the Las Cruces area again.