“Enchanting atmosphere”

La Posta de Mesilla
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Mesilla
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Abilene, Texas
“Enchanting atmosphere”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We never would have known to stop here on our cross-country trip, but a friend mentioned this place and the timing happened to work out for us to eat dinner here on a blistering June day (6/1/13). I'm glad we drove a couple of miles off of I-10 to eat here! Great atmosphere; my 5-year-old liked the birds and fish out front. I really liked the green chile-something I had -- but can't remember the dish now. We didn't have any service problems (as in some other reviews), but it wasn't super-crowded the Saturday night we were there.

If we're ever headed out that way again, I'd be happy to stop in at La Posta.

New York
“Very authentic!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have been to La Posta three times and would definetely go back. The place is beautifully decorated; I loved every room I stopped by; they have different types of decorations in each of them, very authentic I must say; took lots of pics of all the beautiful details there; great atmosphere and excellent food, very New Mexican style!!. The portions are huge! This place is always crowded but it's really worth the wait. The servers are very nice and friendly.

If you are planning to go to Mesilla or Las Cruces, this is a place you should visit!

• Visited October 2012
Prattville, AL
“New to the area”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

La Posta de Mesilla was recommended by a friend as soon as she found out we had been stationed near Las Cruces. We were not disappointed!

Our family of 6 did not have to wait too long for a table. The wait once we were there was a bit longer than we expected, but this place is massive. I'm sure the wait staff got to us as fast as they could!

Our food was great. We all ate off of each others plates and none of us were disappointed in anything. The guacamole was incredible!

The only two downsides that I can see to La Posta de Mesilla are: 1) the place is super busy so you have to have patience (which is sometimes hard when you are all hungry and smelling the great food) and 2) we were all so stuffed that we didn't get to try their sopapillas! Next time, though, we'll be sure to save room :-)

1 Thank Melissa F
Dallas, Texas
“Love La Posta”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We spent the night in Las Cruces on our way to Tucson last week. The front desk clerk recommended La Posta and we are glad we asked about good food close by. We stayed at the Springhill Suites which is only a couple of miles, if that, from La Posta.

We went on a Saturday night and it was crowded but we were seated immediately. This is a very nice restaurant with a huge menu. The service was prompt, and excellent. We all had enchilada plates and the amount of food was huge.

Very tasty Mexican with the right amount of spices. Beans, rice and chicken were excellent. We had no complaints and will eat here again when passing through Las Cruces.

california
“Twice Burned no more”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We tired this place twice. The first time, they were busy and we could not get service. Someone brought some chips and menu, but never came back to take an order. Did not care about two adults and a child sitting in the corner when they had large tables to serve. When I got up to leave after 45 minutes, the manger came over to take the order. Too late. We were traveling and needed to go. On the return trip, we tried again, only because I had heard good words about the place. My meal was cold and not what I ordered. The other two meals were reported to be OK, but I think that was so I just did not complain. Never again.

• Visited May 2013