“New to the area”

La Posta de Mesilla
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Mesilla
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2013

La Posta de Mesilla was recommended by a friend as soon as she found out we had been stationed near Las Cruces. We were not disappointed!

Our family of 6 did not have to wait too long for a table. The wait once we were there was a bit longer than we expected, but this place is massive. I'm sure the wait staff got to us as fast as they could!

Our food was great. We all ate off of each others plates and none of us were disappointed in anything. The guacamole was incredible!

The only two downsides that I can see to La Posta de Mesilla are: 1) the place is super busy so you have to have patience (which is sometimes hard when you are all hungry and smelling the great food) and 2) we were all so stuffed that we didn't get to try their sopapillas! Next time, though, we'll be sure to save room :-)

1  Thank Melissa F
Write a ReviewReviews (1,396)

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We spent the night in Las Cruces on our way to Tucson last week. The front desk clerk recommended La Posta and we are glad we asked about good food close by. We stayed at the Springhill Suites which is only a couple of miles, if that, from La Posta.

We went on a Saturday night and it was crowded but we were seated immediately. This is a very nice restaurant with a huge menu. The service was prompt, and excellent. We all had enchilada plates and the amount of food was huge.

Very tasty Mexican with the right amount of spices. Beans, rice and chicken were excellent. We had no complaints and will eat here again when passing through Las Cruces.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We tired this place twice. The first time, they were busy and we could not get service. Someone brought some chips and menu, but never came back to take an order. Did not care about two adults and a child sitting in the corner when they had large tables to serve. When I got up to leave after 45 minutes, the manger came over to take the order. Too late. We were traveling and needed to go. On the return trip, we tried again, only because I had heard good words about the place. My meal was cold and not what I ordered. The other two meals were reported to be OK, but I think that was so I just did not complain. Never again.

1  Thank bubba65
Reviewed June 21, 2013

WE enjoyed a wonderful steak, chicken and mexican food. The place was crowded as usual.
We loved the beer on tap. They serve wonderful Margaritas.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have eaten here a few times when travelling and enjoyed each visit. Portions are huge and priced reasonable. This restaurant has so much history behind it and is located near the square for convenience when shopping and sightseeing. I consider eating here a must for visitors.