“Chill’n”

Ranked #7 of 17 Restaurants in Mesilla
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Healthy
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Enjoy breakfast or lunch in our quaint cafe or on the picturesque patio. Fresh baked goods, sandwiches and, local fare. Relax with a glass of wine from our own Old Gate Cellars Winery and other New Mexico wines. Browse the antique store and gift shop.
Reviewed April 26, 2019 via mobile

Beautiful day in Mesilla,NM. Coffee and breakfast burrito while sitting on the patio, priceless. Wait staff friendly and food spiced perfectly. Now to wander around old Mesilla.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed March 10, 2019

Walking on our first day in Old Mesilla, we found Josefina's Cafe.
So glad we did! Coffee is strong and the menu is perfect. Whether you want the Old Mex or the American menu they offer both. We chose the burritos.... ah yes, breakfast burritos! There is nothing like it. Pick what you want put into your burrito. Partner opt out of the cheese, and said it was a little dry without the cheese, but mine was a delight. The spice is, of course, always added to the usually bland (unless you order the spicy meat) with the sauce, and it was wonderful. Not overpowering.
I will be returning to this place for sustenance.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 3, 2019

Josefina's has something that most restaurants in Mesilla don't, genuine Southern New Mexico charm, plus good food and a very comfortable outdoor patio. The decor throughout is wonderful. The patio is very large and dog friendly. The food is excellent, casual New Mexican. The service was very good. Josefina's is only steps from the Plaza in Mesilla, so very walkable. Parking is on the street in Mesilla or on the ends of the Plaza.
There is a cute Inn with two suites and a casita to rent for overnight stays. We did not stay overnight.

Reviewed February 8, 2019

Had lunch there. Place was not busy. Staff was very friendly, told to sit at any table we wished to. I had a breakfast croissant which was Very Good, wife had chicken salad croissant and says it also was very good. Facility is very old and very basic but in keeping with the style normal to Old Town Mesillo. Prices reasonable. Facility would not work for handicapped person(s).

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 22, 2019

On January 22, 2019 I went into Josefina's cafe to speak to the management about my services as a photographer/videographer. I went in not sure what to expect but the minute I stepped into the cafe' I was "Greeted" by the single rudest staff member I've ever seen in my life. Before I could even get a word out this staff member was immediately dismissive and VERY short and RUDE.

I proceeded to try and talk to said staff member but was met with bored, unwelcoming looks. As I tried to continue the staff member cut me off a couple of times and just left me utterly shocked and disgusted about how poor their customer service skills are or if they even have any to begin with.

I will do my best to let everyone I know how utterly horrid this place is. Congrats on destroying any chance of me being a customer or anything else.

Date of visit: January 2019