“Yummy, Yummy, Yummy” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Josefina's Old Gate Cafe

Josefina's Old Gate Cafe
Ranked #6 of 15 Restaurants in Mesilla
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Cafe, Mexican, Healthy
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Enjoy breakfast or lunch in our quaint cafe or on the picturesque patio. Fresh baked goods, sandwiches and, local fare. Relax with a glass of wine from our own Old Gate Cellars Winery and other New Mexico wines. Browse the antique store and gift shop.
Seattle
“Yummy, Yummy, Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

I've been stopping by Josefina's for years, but only to take pictures of the gate. This time around I was pleasantly surprised to find restaurant - and it was open!
The menu is limited to New Mexico fare; that's fine for me, but my 12 year old daughter was willing to go without lunch rather than to try any of the offerings.
I had the green chile posole, a dish that is normally made with red chile - but was appropriately switched to green which is much more popular in the southern part of the state.
Yum.
Yum, yum.
The wait staff was friendly, though seemed to disappear after handing us our bill. We had to seek him out in order to pay.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Baton Rouge,Louisiana
“Great place for meal and lodging appaers nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

The food was great and wine was good. Did not stay in B and B but appears nice. Staff was good if not overly friendly.

Visited May 2012
Dayton, Ohio
“sunday jazz”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

the sunday jazz session was awesome. Around noon local musicians show up and jam.

Visited May 2012
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
“Reviewed as a night spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

We have visited Josephina's Gate several times on Friday and Saturday nights to hear live music and meet with friends. It has been a great time always! They have a big outdoor patio with plenty of seating and room to dance. Comfortable! The wine is not expensive, but there isn't much in the menu to snack on that is good. The nachos won't win any awards. I have not eaten a regular meal here, so have no opinions about that. Though, I have heard good reports about lunch at Josephina's. The atmosphere in the Patio at night is beautiful and fun. A worthy night spot on weekends! See you there.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Fantastic Patio - Very Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Josefina's Old Gate Cafe is set on a side street just off the square in old Mesilla, across the street from the Basilica of San Albino. The patio is spacious, well-shaded, enclosed by an adobe wall and sheltered from any traffic noises. A wonderful place to have a relaxing lunch. They have tables inside as well, but for me, the patio is the highlight.

The menu is somewhat limited- quiche, frittatas, salads, soups and sandwiches - but the food is delicious. I especially like the bacon and cheddar egg croissant (which you can order for lunch, if you are so inclined) and the chicken quesadilla. My husband really liked the bowl of pappas

I have found the waitstaff to be friendly, courteous and efficient. One day when I was meeting my friends there, I arrived about ten minutes before opening time. A waiter was setting out the salt and peppers on the outside tables so I asked him if it was alright if I sat at a table while I waited for my friends. He was fine with that and took my drink order to boot.

Their summer hours are M-W 11am-3pm, Th 11am-4pm, F & Sa 8am-9pm, Su 8am-4pm as of the date of this review.

Well worth visiting for a weekend breakfast, a relaxing lunch or a light dinner on Friday or Saturday.

• Visited May 2012