“3.5 star Sunday Champagne brunch $26.95!”

Double Eagle Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Mesilla
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Nashville, Tennessee
“3.5 star Sunday Champagne brunch $26.95!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

+ nice atmosphere
+ good coffee
+ very good service
+ I am not a huge polenta lover however the polenta was over the top good!
+ Omelet bar had many nice selections
+ nice selection of berries and fresh fruit (but went fast and was not restocked)
+ Highly recommend reservations for Sunday brunch
+/- The website had a $5- off coupon for brunch that we did not know about so click on coupon section before you go!!

-crab legs do not come with crab claw crackers, this restaurant has a more upscale feel to it, found it very strange that there were no crab claw crackers...have to use your hands and they were very prickly.
-no water bowl to rinse hands in or hand wipes for use after peeling shrimp, crawfish/crab claws
-They do not restock the crab claws, what they put out went quick and then there were no more, we did not decide until half way through or brunch that we were going to try them and by then there were only a few small pieces left...very disappointing!
-dessert was only average/"OK" Ran out of strawberries for the chocolate fountain, did not restock.
-enchiladas were very dry and had very little filling, simply adding more sauce would have made a positive difference.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Ann C

Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“Mexican or Steak You Are In Good Hands”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Nice surprise. Very comfortable restaurant with friendly and competent staff. The chile relleno was the best I have had in memory. The smoked brisket was spot on and the margaritas were very good and not for sissies.

Bend, Oregon
“Get there for 11:30 Sunday Brunch, not 1:30”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

My husband, my parents and I were there for Sunday Brunch. We had called for reservations as recommended the night before. This was our first time so we didn't know what to expect, although our friends had raved about the place. There were two seatings for brunch, 11:30 and 1:30, and we arrived as scheduled at 1:30. We were disappointed to have to wait 30 minutes before we were seated. In fact, we were last to be seated out of all the people in the waiting room. The dining room was lovely and our server was prompt at our table taking our drink order, so that eased my unhappiness momentarily. By the time we got to the food, it was pretty picked over and some dishes hadn't been replenished. I suppose that if we had gotten there at 11:30 it would have been better. Not sure I want to give it another try for the brunch, but perhaps their regular menu would be better. I loved the ambiance of the place, so if I can talk my husband into going again, we will.

• Visited March 2014
Washington, North Carolina
“Fantastic!!! Thanks, Bernie!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Walked in on the recommendation of a hotel clerk---best recommendation. The ambiance was magical, the food was remarkable and the service was superb. Who would have thought this possible in such a small, out of the way place. Las Cruces is lovely and has great charm. This restaurant is a special place. The food was cooked to perfection and the waiter was a student at the university, who knew how to relate to people. Lucky us!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Patrick T
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My husband and I had their prime rib dinner last night. The prime rib was very good; however, I was really disappointed with the store bought vegetable medley. I know the vegetables came from Walmart (Brand was Great Value, frozen section). I thought a nice restaurant like the Double Eagle would have homemade side dishes. Now, I am questioning their other dishes like their double baked potatoes. It will be awhile before I return to the Double Eagle.

• Visited March 2014