“Great food!”

Wendall's Steak & Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Wendall's Steak & Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Mescalero
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I took my wife here for her birthday. The food was outstanding but the service was slow. All in all, we enjoyed the food so much the slow service wasn't enough to ruin the experience.

We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Wendall's is very good but you pay for that quality and service. They serve a sauce with their steaks that I prefer on the side, their scalloped au gratin potatoes are wonderful and they serve an Elk stew that is one of the best things I have eaten. I have a couple of photos and will update this review with them soon! If you win big in the casino or want to splurge for an anniversary or special occasion I would recommend it. They have an extensive wine list but I know little about wines so I will leave that one to the connoisseurs.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Dinner at sunset here was really only marred by the clouds obscuring the sun, and a close-by large party of overly loud and inebriated patrons. The room is quite nice, we had a window table, and our server was quite possibly the maitre'd (since there were two side-by-side large parties). He was very personable, accomodating, and professional. Our food was uniformly good - sizable portions prepared as requested. The menu seemed very adult - I'm not sure where families with children eat at this hotel - I guess the buffet would work. We had a leisurely dinner and went away happy.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

The food is good and the service is okay. The setting is spectacular! I enjoy eating hear because of the view of the lake and mountains.

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner at sunset at Wendell's and the venue was nice but food was average. Started with shrimp cocktail - very good and spinach salad which was equally good. The entree was a disappointment. Ordered the turf & surf - the lobster tail was very good but the fillet ordered medium rare was dry and had no-flavor. My husband ordered the pecan crusted salmon and it was also dry, the crust was mushy, and no flavor. Finished with the chocolate cake and was pleased with it.
For the price we expected the entrees to be better prepared.