“Breathtaking view, great food, wonderful service”

Wendall's Steak & Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Wendall's Steak & Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Mescalero
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Ada, ok
“Breathtaking view, great food, wonderful service”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I took a group of 20 here last night as part of a business trip. I'll have to admit, after reading the reviews, I was a bit nervous, but someone familiar with the area assured me I wouldn't be disappointed. Since we were staying in the hotel, I hesitantly made the reservation. I AM SO GLAD I did. If this is a "hit and miss" restaurant, we certainly landed there when they were hitting. With a group our size, we tried a wide selection of the menu and not a single person was disappointed. The service was outstanding and the desserts were to die for. The view of sunset was a stunning backdrop to a delightful meal and evening. This time, I'm glad I ignored the reviews!!

• Visited May 2013

Keller, Texas
“Wendells for breakfast...kind of gross.”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

View breathtaking....food gross. Little gnats flying EVERYWHERE...inside a nice hotel restaurant?? I mean this is their upscale restaurant! GNATS??? I asked the waitress about them after one got stuck in my eggs benedict and she said "oh yes they have been really bad"....REALLY??? BAD??? then clean up what they are eating! I mean really. How gross. Hubby had steak and eggs, expensive and his steak was over done and thin, my eggs were ok till the bug died on the hollandaise sauce. WAY OVER PRICED...food MEH...bugs...plentiful. Will never go back.

• Visited September 2012
Carlsbad, New Mexico
“Hostess should get some training”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We showed up a little after seven p.m. There were appr. two tables of 4 in the dining room. There were 4 waitstaff standing around talking to the hostess. I told her we wanted a table for two. She informs me that they have a table of 20 coming in so they are going to get busy and I need to come back in 30-45 minutes. This is with a virtually empty dining room???? It was apparent they didn't want to have to really get to work. We left and went somewhere else to eat. They stood around chatting as we left.

I have always defended Wendall's to Ruidoso locals when we go up there and everyone wants to go out. I won't anymore.

• Visited April 2013
“Never again”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

5 out of 7 of our party, were violently I'll within hours of eating here. We think it was the oysters, however I don't think my chicken was quite done. I ended up in the ER die to excessive vomiting and dehydration. The nurse at the ER said they see lots of good poisoning cases from Wendell's. beware!

• Visited March 2013
Katy, Texas
“Not worth the money.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very expensive for what you got. Got better food at Chilis for a 1/4 of the price. Staff were very good though.

Visited March 2013