After a long time friend hitting the jackpot so to speak our extra day in Ruidoso was spent at The Inn Of The Mountain Gods(after 3 nights at the Executive Inn as the only people in that place)Grand Suite, for us having spent many nights on the road in bands staying at seedy hotels this was high dollar for us.......so it's kinda like the Beverly Hillbillies showing up....
First it's a nice hotel with great views of the Sierra Blanca Mountains, the lake and surrounding woods, Casino was okay but the smoke was overwhelming and me loosing more than winning..........
As for Food we did have the Lunch Buffet that was $26 for two people which isn't bad at all, choices were very good and had our fill.(minus my cap breaking and thus ending my quest to clean out the deserts)
The room size was huge at 1066sq ft, nice few with private balcony, while sitting outside we watched bald eagles flying around...........At first glance to us the room was perfect and we were not looking tom close, then upon looking closer we did notice stains on the carpet, chairs and table.....which to us we were use to but at $179.00 a night we didn't think that was right.
Did use the pool & hot tub, workout room was great with alot of different machines to choose from. All in all this is a great place though I wouldn't call it 4 star, but for Ruidoso you won't go wrong.
As for the people running the hotel & Ski Apache I'd heard before going they can be at worst rude and at best rude, we didn't have any problems with them and the people running the hotel were all very nice to us, even let us check in 3 hours early(granted it is slow season for them) and we talked with 4 or 5 different people and only got slight attitude from one.(no Basil Fawlty's in the building)
I'd stayed again if money doesn't ever become a issue.......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EXPERIENCE A RESORT AND CASINO THAT IS ABOVE AND BEYOND. New Mexico’s premier mountain resort awaits with impeccable service, mouthwatering cuisine for every palate, incredible gaming action, and breathtaking alpine scenery to nurture your soul. Situated high in the picturesque mountains of Mescalero, New Mexico just outside of Ruidoso, guests return time and time again to Inn of the Mountain Gods to enjoy the clean mountain air, stunning panoramic views, and exciting entertainment options. Upon your arrival, you’ll be greeted by a stunning lobby featuring a sweeping view of the snowcapped mountains, lake and championship golf course. Guests have come to expect all of the little extras that come standard here at Inn of the Mountain Gods. From the moment you arrive, you’ll be enchanted by original works of art throughout the property, roaring fireplaces in the lobby, and a tranquil setting that makes the everyday world feel a million miles away. Beyond that, discover an endless variety of activities, entertainment and escapes to make it a getaway you’ll never forget. 273 LUXURY ROOMS AND SUITES, NUMEROUS DINING OPTIONS FROM A SIGNATURE STEAK AND SEAFOOD RESTAURANT TO A SCRUMPTIOUS BUFFET, 40,000 SQUARE FEET OF MEETING SPACE, 38,000 SQUARE FOOT CASINO, INDOOR POOL, A FULLY EQUIPPED WORKOUT FACILITY, SKIING AND SNOWBOARDING, 18 HOLE CHAMPIONSHIP GOLF COURSE, BIG GAME HUNTING, SKEET SHOOTING, HORSEBACK RIDING, FISHING, GONDOLA RIDES. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of The Mountain Gods Hotel Mescalero
- Hotel Of The Mountain Gods
- Mountain Gods Inn
- Inn Mountain Gods
- Mountain Gods Hotel
- Of The Mountain Gods Hotel