After reading some of the previous reviews, I was a little nervous to make reservations here, but I had visited the resort a couple times and its beautiful location made me willing to take the risk and reserve 3 days in a suite.
I was happily surprised to find from the moment we checked in, there were helpful, friendly, accomodating, staff members to help us. We were greeted at the curb and immediatley had our vehicle and luggage taken care of. The bellman also got us ice for our room ( after hanging up our clothes in the closet for us) and made sure we had everything we needed before he left. The suite we stayed in was just lovely with a beautiful view of the lake and mountains. The restaurant staff went out of their way to make us whatever we wanted and the bartender at the lounge (Tammy) even had a "special" dinner made for us on our last night that was one of the best meals we have ever eaten.
We had breakfast in the buffet two of the mornings and had made to order eggs and the rest of the food was hot and fresh. The cost is very reasonable if you have a players card.
The casino is not very big, but we did very well there. We had enough casino credits to pay for one night's stay and enough money left over to pay for the rest of the vacation with our winnings with extra money to take home. I realize this is not the "norm" for any casino, but you can win here.
I have traveled the world and stayed at 5 star resorts. The Inn of the Mountain Gods may not be a 5 star resort, but we were definitely treated as though it is. Don't miss this beautiful location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EXPERIENCE A RESORT AND CASINO THAT IS ABOVE AND BEYOND. New Mexico’s premier mountain resort awaits with impeccable service, mouthwatering cuisine for every palate, incredible gaming action, and breathtaking alpine scenery to nurture your soul. Situated high in the picturesque mountains of Mescalero, New Mexico just outside of Ruidoso, guests return time and time again to Inn of the Mountain Gods to enjoy the clean mountain air, stunning panoramic views, and exciting entertainment options. Upon your arrival, you’ll be greeted by a stunning lobby featuring a sweeping view of the snowcapped mountains, lake and championship golf course. Guests have come to expect all of the little extras that come standard here at Inn of the Mountain Gods. From the moment you arrive, you’ll be enchanted by original works of art throughout the property, roaring fireplaces in the lobby, and a tranquil setting that makes the everyday world feel a million miles away. Beyond that, discover an endless variety of activities, entertainment and escapes to make it a getaway you’ll never forget. 273 LUXURY ROOMS AND SUITES, NUMEROUS DINING OPTIONS FROM A SIGNATURE STEAK AND SEAFOOD RESTAURANT TO A SCRUMPTIOUS BUFFET, 40,000 SQUARE FEET OF MEETING SPACE, 38,000 SQUARE FOOT CASINO, INDOOR POOL, A FULLY EQUIPPED WORKOUT FACILITY, SKIING AND SNOWBOARDING, 18 HOLE CHAMPIONSHIP GOLF COURSE, BIG GAME HUNTING, SKEET SHOOTING, HORSEBACK RIDING, FISHING, GONDOLA RIDES. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of The Mountain Gods Hotel Mescalero
- Hotel Of The Mountain Gods
- Mountain Gods Inn
- Inn Mountain Gods
- Mountain Gods Hotel
- Of The Mountain Gods Hotel