My husband and I went to Inn of the Mountain Gods for our anniversary, last November.
We arrived on a Wednesday and decided to try their seafood buffet. Three hours later I developed food poisoning!! My husband went to the front desk and asked for a manager. He was told the manager was busy. He was shoved a form to fill out. No concern, no apologies, and no manager to talk to. After suffering through the night, I went to the local clinic and was it was confirmed I had food poisoning. We had reservations for two days but wanted to leave and go home. My husband was told if we checked out we would not get a refund of any kind, so we decided to stay the night and leave on Friday morning as planned. On Friday morning since I could not eat anything, my husband decided to get a chocolate milk for the road from the gift shop. After he had purchased it I told him to check the expiration date. We were shocked to discover the milk had expired over a month earlier!! My husband went back to the gift shop to get another one in exchange and found that ALL of the milk was expired. We just wanted to get out of there and left. This place destroyed our anniversary, in so many ways. We will NEVER, EVER go back, and have told all of our friends to STAY AWAY. They have zero concern for their guests and I see why they are about ready to go bankrupt. This place owes millions and millions and can not pay their debts. That is a fact, anyone can look it up. I for one will not be sad when they close. They could have had a great place, but having gone through, how many managers since it opened ( I think around a dozen or more), and their lack of concern for anything except the dollar, this is the result.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EXPERIENCE A RESORT AND CASINO THAT IS ABOVE AND BEYOND. New Mexico’s premier mountain resort awaits with impeccable service, mouthwatering cuisine for every palate, incredible gaming action, and breathtaking alpine scenery to nurture your soul. Situated high in the picturesque mountains of Mescalero, New Mexico just outside of Ruidoso, guests return time and time again to Inn of the Mountain Gods to enjoy the clean mountain air, stunning panoramic views, and exciting entertainment options. Upon your arrival, you’ll be greeted by a stunning lobby featuring a sweeping view of the snowcapped mountains, lake and championship golf course. Guests have come to expect all of the little extras that come standard here at Inn of the Mountain Gods. From the moment you arrive, you’ll be enchanted by original works of art throughout the property, roaring fireplaces in the lobby, and a tranquil setting that makes the everyday world feel a million miles away. Beyond that, discover an endless variety of activities, entertainment and escapes to make it a getaway you’ll never forget. 273 LUXURY ROOMS AND SUITES, NUMEROUS DINING OPTIONS FROM A SIGNATURE STEAK AND SEAFOOD RESTAURANT TO A SCRUMPTIOUS BUFFET, 40,000 SQUARE FEET OF MEETING SPACE, 38,000 SQUARE FOOT CASINO, INDOOR POOL, A FULLY EQUIPPED WORKOUT FACILITY, SKIING AND SNOWBOARDING, 18 HOLE CHAMPIONSHIP GOLF COURSE, BIG GAME HUNTING, SKEET SHOOTING, HORSEBACK RIDING, FISHING, GONDOLA RIDES. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of The Mountain Gods Hotel Mescalero
- Hotel Of The Mountain Gods
- Mountain Gods Inn
- Inn Mountain Gods
- Mountain Gods Hotel
- Of The Mountain Gods Hotel