Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort & Casino
Shadow Mountain Lodge and Cabins(Ruidoso)(Great Value!)
$129
Hotel Ruidoso - Midtown(Ruidoso)(Great Value!)
$89
$86
Comfort Inn - Midtown(Ruidoso)(Great Value!)
$80
ComfortInn
Sitzmark Chalet Inn(Ruidoso)(Great Value!)
$56
$43
Motel 6
Best Western Plus Ruidoso Inn(Ruidoso)(Great Value!)
$76
BestWestern.com
Cloudcroft Hotel(Cloudcroft)
$109
$50
$48
Hotelpower.com
All reviewslake viewzip lineplayers clubpaddle boatsnice casinotable gamescasino floorbeautiful resorthorseback ridingnew mexicosierra blancaski apachebroken arrowindoor poolwendell's restaurantcachetribe
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Last time at the Inn was in 1993 before they tore it down and rebuild. The new place looked like it had been around instead of 8 years. Carpet stain, no one knowledgeable, took 20 min calling front desk to get a answer. Some staff need people skills got response such Yea, uh-huhu when making reservation. Given a handicap room as a up grade, not really handicap as it had a bath tub!. Buffet food was tasteless, slow seating and the line was very long. One person trying to seat and set table. Slow in clearing tables. Went into town and ate. Non smoking room, but could smell smoke, came back home sick. Wanted to see the place after it was rebuild, got it out of my system, won't have to care if we ever go back. No one would give a clear answer, when asked about the place. Elevator doors needed much cleaning as well as the area on the first floor rooms when stepping out on the patio, nothing but cigarretts butts in the grass and rocks, should have someone to clean every day if you are going to run a Resort. Need a paint job outside to brighten the place up. This was so disppointing the place looked like it had been around for twenty + years instead of opening 8 years ago. Here is another joke had a non smoking playing room with slots, but no door, so all the smoke from the central casino will go in, what a laugh! Got a players card but was not told to pick a pin number to swipe for promotions, had to go back ask.People skills for answering the phone and more training of staff. I do have to say this, there was one young lady waiting the tables at the buffet, she was very pleasant and helpful, wish we had gotten her name!!

Room Tip: The East side has a better view, but they can not tell you if you have it, until you get there. So be careful when booking, try talking to someone mature and that's not hopeful at best.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we arrived, I was told that our room wouldn't be ready until after 3:00 (granted this was at 2:45 so no big deal) but the young lady at the front desk (whose nose was running uncontrollably) still managed to be condescending when I asked-because based on their history/reputation of ALWAYS being late) if my room would indeed be ready she rudely replied, "it Will be ready at THREE and it's TWO FORTY-FIVE". I Let it pass and decided to sit in the smoke stenched lobby and wait for our room-with our two little boys whose nerves were already frayed and tired from driving over TWELVE hours. Finally, at about 3:30, i thought they had had ample time to have our room clean and ready to go.....WRONG. Still wasnt ready.
When i finally did get our key, i proceeded to walk into the elevator with another group of guests And from what i gathered, a cleaning lady with her gear. She rudely asked where we were going And i guess i acted too quickly by pressing the 7 instead of waiting For her to do it, that she Let out a frustrated gasp!!! By this point, not only had we been given our suite late but now we were being given ATTITUDE by the staff (which shouldve been riding the SERVICE elevator, IMHO).
Then, that night we decided to go to their understaffed bar in the casino and my brother in law decided to go get us some drinks. After standing in line without even a glance from the bartender, he decided to come sit with us and wait for the waitress. When the waitress (who was very sweet, BTW) got to us, we ordered our drinks and we ordered two beers and i ordered a lemondrop martini. After a few minutes, she came back and asked if I could change my order to something "easier" because the bartender was SWAMPED. As I turned around to scan the bar area, i noticed that there were only a few patrons standing around.....FAR from being "swamped!" I have to say that if that was what the bartender considered to be swamped, I'm sure he'd drown at a REAL bar on a busy Friday night in Manhattan, Miami, or Vegas.
I can pinpoint dozens of more things that irritated the living daylights out of me on this particular stay at the IMG. The valet was severely understaffed, some of the hallways were littered with trash/refuse, some (not all) of staff members could desperately use a lesson or two in public relations. What a shame. This "resort" has so much potential....the views, the history, the quaint little town, etc. However, we left a day early with a sour taste in our mouths. Sad.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank dagloz1974
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We book this hotel at the last minute for our kids' spring break. when we got in our room we were astonished with beautiful view from our room!!! the kids loved it. the buffet could be better. location is great.

Room Tip: 1st floor face lake
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Although our room was double booked, we still got a suite with double balconies on the lake. The room was very clean and the bathrooms were very nice. Our suite was very spacious and good for families so the children can play. We loved walking around the lake and enjoying the sunrise and sunset each day. The heart of the town was only a short drive so we were able to do some activities. Even though there were restaurants at the resort, there were no meals or vouchers provided, which would have been nice. Great for families and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a suite (includes 2 bathrooms) with a lake view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Desiree K
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Since we were skiing we decided to study at what we thought was the most upscale place in ruidoso. The hotel and rooms weren't too bad, but the buffet was not even as good as lubys. Worse yet I signed up for the apache spirit club so I could get my $10 in free play at the blackjack table. The spirit club gal messed up and told me I would have to use my free play on the slots due to her mistake that she was unwilling to correct. I played about 15 minutes of blackjack and went down to a nearby truck stop where they were much nicer. I may or may not come back to New Mexico but ill stay away from the mountain gods casino, it was as bad if not worse than casino coushatta. Hard to believe they said MY bad luck that THEIR employee screwed up my only benefit of joining the spirit club. I am willing to pay more for better customer service.

• Stayed: March 2013