“Treasured Lifetime Memories”

Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort & Casino
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mescalero
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Our family frequently travelled to Ruidoso in the late 70's and 80's from West Texas, however we moved further away and had not been in over 15 years. I booked this trip for my Mom who is almost 80 yrs old since this was her favorite destination and property. From the moment the valet opened the door upon our arrival until the minute the valet closed the door as we departed, we were pleased with the service and treatment we received. Mike Schoen and his staff went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of and I will treasure this memory with my Mom forever. People love to write about the negative experiences they have, few take time to write of the positives. Every property has issues from time to time, however it is how they are handled by management that makes the difference and determines what memories stick out in your mind. I have travelled all over the world and the views from this property still take my breath away. Ruidoso has plenty of unique places to shop, eat and play. One of our best meals however was at Wendell's Steak House right there at the Inn. Thes ervice, atmosphere and food were 5 star and our local guests were as pleased as we were. Thank you Mike and staff for making sure we remember the positives and we are looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank R E
Michael S, Manager at Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Thank you for the kind words and for choosing the Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort and Casino. We are very happy that you enjoyed your return to the Mescalero area and look forward to you coming back in the future.

Michael Schoen
Director of Hotel Operations Inn of the Mountain Gods Casino and Resort Mschoen@innofthemountaingods.com : (575) 464-7348

There are newer reviews for Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort & Casino

Reviewed November 20, 2012

The hotel is very nice, rooms are quiet, beds are the best, food at the buffet is excellent, trout fishiing right outside your door. We stayed 3 days and many guests won some very nice jack pots! We will stay here often.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the center of the Hotel, 3rd floor or hhigher, for a great view of the lake
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the kind words and for choosing the Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort and Casino. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay! You are correct; our rooms offer a breathtaking view of the mountains and the trout fishing is great!

Warmest Regards,

Michael Schoen Director of Hotel Operations Inn of the Mountain Gods Casino and Resort Mschoen@innofthemountaingods.com (575) 464-7348

Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Horrible. Would not go back. It is getting run down. Long check in proceeds and check out. Was put in a smoking room because they deliberately OVERbook, admitted to by management. Finally after a lot of work got moved to non smoking room, but it was not much better. Smoke still permeates everything and they are not really cleaning. Looking at dust on things, the dirtiness of hall carpets and furniture in rooms... Just is not bring held to the standards they once had. When new towels and linens were brought in the next day, they smelled of smoke. The outside lake area is why you go, very beautiful and peaceful. Wendell's restaurant was outstanding. Cheesecake the best anywhere, just wish the rooms and check in process was the same level.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank SLily11

Thank you for choosing the Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort and Casino. I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced throughout your stay. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss this in greater detail.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I would not normally post a complaint about a Hotel but I cancelled our reservation 2 months before we were due to stay - not once but four times! They have charged me one nights cancellation fee and will not return my emails. I am not sure what I am suppose to do - I am a seasoned traveller and understand the Hotels have no-shows that cost them money but I have done the right thing and they have not contacted me or refunded the charge. Be careful if you are booking in advance.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Michael S, General Manager at Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Thank you for your comments. I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced regarding the cancelation of your reservation. Please contact me directly at 575 464 7348 or through E-mail at Mschoen@innofthemountaingods.com and I will personally address your concerns.

Michael Schoen Director of Hotel Operations Office: (575) 464-7348

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I went nov 9-11 for the Cat Cora event and stayed the weekend the grounds are terrific, but the service is less then adequate. Rude Rude Rude, i had a terrible experience with the concession lady (julianna) about a menu item that my kid asked for. Her response was basically there out. and who care that we waited 15 minute when she was on break smoking her cigarette. so when i asked to speak with here manager i heard her use foul language due to the fact that my child was there, and she ignored me, When her manager finally showed up that was still less then steller service. I had a room booked for New years eve but mi cancelling it. I wouldn't waste another 1.00 here going to Buffalo thunder instead where i have taken my kids and have never had any time of issue. Do not waste your time at this so called 4 star resort the property itself is 4star however the service brings it down to a 1star motel. Ive been treated better at the Hampton Inn Newark NJ. not to mention the pool was closed for the enire weekend. which didnt give my kids anything to do at all.

Room Tip: my tip is skip it all together go to Sandia, Buffalo thunder, or stay in taos!!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GGreat87102

Thank you for your comments and for attending our dinner with Cat Cora. I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during the show. Here at the Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort and Casino we strive to provide exceptional service—unfortunately we did not meet your expectations. I have addressed your concerns with the appropriate Manager. I would like the opportunity to discuss this issue in greater detail. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Director of Hotel Operations
Inn of the Mountain Gods Casino and Resort
287 Carrizo Canyon Road
Mescalero, NM 88340
Email: Mschoen@innofthemountaingods.com
Office: (575) 464-7348

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The mountain view is stunning. Enjoued sitting on the patio and enjoying the view. Front desk check-in was backed up and slow. Room decor and carpet are old and need to be updated. For the Ruidoso area I would definately recommend this facility.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Michael S, Manager at Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Thank you for your comments and for choosing the Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort and Casino. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the beautiful view from your room. I sincerely apologize for the check-in issues—we are focused on improving our check-in experience. We are also upgrading our rooms—adding new carpeting and furnishings. The room upgrade is set for completion in June of 2013.

Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Director of Hotel Operations
Inn of the Mountain Gods Casino and Resort
287 Carrizo Canyon Road
Mescalero, NM 88340
Email: Mschoen@innofthemountaingods.com
Office: (575) 464-7348

Reviewed November 11, 2012

The setting for the hotel and the hotel are both stunning. Like most hotels that have a casino, you can smell the smoke as soon as you enter the building. The staff is not as friendly or accommodating as I would expect from such an expensive resort. The room was nice with a wonderful bed and a balcony overlooking the lake.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing the Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort and Casino. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the beautiful view from your balcony. I sincerely apologize for the customer service issues you experienced throughout your stay. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss this in greater detail.

Warmest Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mescalero
Shadow Mountain Lodge and Cabins
Comfort Inn - Midtown
Comfort Inn - Midtown
#4 of 23 in Ruidoso
Quality Inn & Suites - Ruidoso Hwy 70

Been to Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!