We stayed 2 nights in August in a King room with a balcony overlooking the lake. We feel the extra cost for a balcony room to be well worth it. We enjoy sitting on the patio. The room and the bathroom were both very clean. The carpet looked new, the upholstered chair was in great shape, and the bedding was crisp, high quality, and freshly covered. The pillow top bed was comfortable, the pillows were plentiful and high quality. The other furniture in the room was in good repair as well.
I encountered housekeeping a couple of times and they were attentive and friendly each time.
I had no problem or line upon check in; we actually had 3 rooms under our reservation and they were all available. We checked in around 4:00. Our checkout was uneventful. The common areas were clean, and enjoyed the property as a whole.
We ate breakfast at Wendall's and had a good experience. We ate in the buffet and in the club house as well. Wendall's atmosphere is my favorite. I also enjoy the atmosphere in the piano bar. The views at sunset are extraordinary!
Though there is a casino on site, as others have noted, it is smoke filled! We played in the casino and had a good time as it is small but enjoyable. I wish the ventilation was better.
We enjoy this property very much. Though others complain of rude staff, I feel it is more of a cultural component in New Mexico. I see the behavior as being more quiet and not talking just to talk rather than being rude. I also have not personally encountered the issues with cleanliness other reviewers have spoken of.
This is our second stay at this property, and we will return as soon as we can get a few days sway. Our last stay was in the summer of 2011 and though I did not enter a review then, it would have been similar to this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EXPERIENCE A RESORT AND CASINO THAT IS ABOVE AND BEYOND. New Mexico’s premier mountain resort awaits with impeccable service, mouthwatering cuisine for every palate, incredible gaming action, and breathtaking alpine scenery to nurture your soul. Situated high in the picturesque mountains of Mescalero, New Mexico just outside of Ruidoso, guests return time and time again to Inn of the Mountain Gods to enjoy the clean mountain air, stunning panoramic views, and exciting entertainment options. Upon your arrival, you’ll be greeted by a stunning lobby featuring a sweeping view of the snowcapped mountains, lake and championship golf course. Guests have come to expect all of the little extras that come standard here at Inn of the Mountain Gods. From the moment you arrive, you’ll be enchanted by original works of art throughout the property, roaring fireplaces in the lobby, and a tranquil setting that makes the everyday world feel a million miles away. Beyond that, discover an endless variety of activities, entertainment and escapes to make it a getaway you’ll never forget. 273 LUXURY ROOMS AND SUITES, NUMEROUS DINING OPTIONS FROM A SIGNATURE STEAK AND SEAFOOD RESTAURANT TO A SCRUMPTIOUS BUFFET, 40,000 SQUARE FEET OF MEETING SPACE, 38,000 SQUARE FOOT CASINO, INDOOR POOL, A FULLY EQUIPPED WORKOUT FACILITY, SKIING AND SNOWBOARDING, 18 HOLE CHAMPIONSHIP GOLF COURSE, BIG GAME HUNTING, SKEET SHOOTING, HORSEBACK RIDING, FISHING, GONDOLA RIDES. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of The Mountain Gods Hotel Mescalero
- Hotel Of The Mountain Gods
- Mountain Gods Inn
- Inn Mountain Gods
- Mountain Gods Hotel
- Of The Mountain Gods Hotel