This hotel is located on a beautiful plot of land with a lake, golf course, and surrounded by mountains and trees. Very scenic.
Our room was clean and spacious and the bed was very, very comfortable (enough for me to write down the model of mattress to purchase one myself!)
As others have said, the front desk is a mess. The clerk was nice, but they are so disorganized it makes you feel like they've been in business for a few hours. It felt like she was learning how to check people in. Ditto for the check-out. Disorganized and lengthy. At least it's an attractive lobby, because you'll be standing there for a while.
Because it's an Indian casino, there is smoking allowed on the premises. The room was quiet and seemed removed from the casino chaos, but you could smell cigarette smoke through the vents. I imagine it's in their heating and cooling system.
There is a big golf course surrounding the hotel. We went for a walk and unwittingly went onto the golf area (there were no golfers at the time, so we didn't know we were on forbidden territory). They let us know by yelling at us through a loudspeaker system that we were to "GET OFF THE GRASS!!" It was like being a punished schoolkid again.
Again, it's a beautiful facility and our room had a lovely view. The cigarette smoke alone would prevent me from going back, but the other negative points were small enough to be very minor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EXPERIENCE A RESORT AND CASINO THAT IS ABOVE AND BEYOND. New Mexico’s premier mountain resort awaits with impeccable service, mouthwatering cuisine for every palate, incredible gaming action, and breathtaking alpine scenery to nurture your soul. Situated high in the picturesque mountains of Mescalero, New Mexico just outside of Ruidoso, guests return time and time again to Inn of the Mountain Gods to enjoy the clean mountain air, stunning panoramic views, and exciting entertainment options. Upon your arrival, you’ll be greeted by a stunning lobby featuring a sweeping view of the snowcapped mountains, lake and championship golf course. Guests have come to expect all of the little extras that come standard here at Inn of the Mountain Gods. From the moment you arrive, you’ll be enchanted by original works of art throughout the property, roaring fireplaces in the lobby, and a tranquil setting that makes the everyday world feel a million miles away. Beyond that, discover an endless variety of activities, entertainment and escapes to make it a getaway you’ll never forget. 273 LUXURY ROOMS AND SUITES, NUMEROUS DINING OPTIONS FROM A SIGNATURE STEAK AND SEAFOOD RESTAURANT TO A SCRUMPTIOUS BUFFET, 40,000 SQUARE FEET OF MEETING SPACE, 38,000 SQUARE FOOT CASINO, INDOOR POOL, A FULLY EQUIPPED WORKOUT FACILITY, SKIING AND SNOWBOARDING, 18 HOLE CHAMPIONSHIP GOLF COURSE, BIG GAME HUNTING, SKEET SHOOTING, HORSEBACK RIDING, FISHING, GONDOLA RIDES. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of The Mountain Gods Hotel Mescalero
- Hotel Of The Mountain Gods
- Mountain Gods Inn
- Inn Mountain Gods
- Mountain Gods Hotel
- Of The Mountain Gods Hotel